Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
No it's not. Skin color is preset and an obvious fact. This is a mindset and some mindsets can be detrimental.

Really? It's a mindset? So that means you could change your mind and become gay if someone just gave you good enough arguments?

I have yet to see people going from door to door, asking people "Have you thought about questioning your sexuality lately?"

If you can't change your mind on your sexuality, then either you are unbelievably stubborn (the kind of stubborn that is not a good match for discussion boards) or it is not a "mindset".

vampyr

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2008
People aren't commiting suicide because their billionaires, Hispanic, or a minority. They're commiting suicide because they're afraid of how society will treat them for being LGBTQ. I had these same fears. It's a lonely world when one discovered they are different due to their sexual orientation. I was too afraid to tell anyone about what I was goin through because I didn't know anyone that was LGBTQ. It sounds silly now but, o uses to ruina o es the I love you one. I has fríen yo in the church. I ese remiended too often that I was a sin. Who I loved was unforgiving. Do you want to know what saved me? Hearing that only God could judge me. Not the priest, not the person next to me or the people around me but God.

In hs, I heard many people were LGBTQ and that too saved me. I realized I wasn't alone. Tim Cook might have sparked some controversy for the company because he came out but he felt it important to come out. In sure some kid somewhere is feeling a whole lot better because some he looks up to is gay.

I hate to say this, but people have committed suicide for the reasons you mentioned. During the great depression, billionaries committed suicide, because they lost their money. People commit suicide because of the shame they feel. I know people who have committed suicide BECAUSE they didn't like what they read on Facebook.

It's not just about being gay... it really isn't. The world is bigger than that. EVERYONE is fighting some personal battle with society. Everyone...

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Well, Tim exercised his right to proclaim his embrace and support of the homosexual lifestyle.

I'll exercise my right to say that I find homosexuality immoral and gross.

God Bless America

Then you're thinking about the details of the coupling of others FAR too much.

That's your mistake.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Normal is where how majority behave. Sex is betweenness and women. Marriage is betweenan and woman. If we cold tolerate homosexual, are we gonna tolerate sex between human and animal? How about human and objects?

As long as you can find a way to convince PETA that the animal consented and isn't being harmed, you can pound as many goats as you want for all I care. Since objects don't have feelings, that I'm aware of, no consent from them is needed, so you are also free to pound bricks for all I care.

Indeed, I don't see a single reason to not tolerate anyone getting laid, provided no one is being harmed.

saha-med

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2012
Now bring back the fruity ipod colors

Honestly if the devices start promoting some personal agenda, they can go stuff it

And yes im talking about all agendas. I dun want to see Leather cases replaced with plastic cases with peta branding on it either

Symtex

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2005
To be honest I wouldn't mind if we didn't see/hear from Cook for a while now. They've been talking about this all morning on CNBC. It's one of the top stories on every tabloid website. Too much focus on Tim and not company.

I think its great that a man is finally in a position to be at peace with who he is enough that he can share it to the world as being one of the most influential person in the world.

bkushner

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
Well, Tim exercised his right to proclaim his embrace and support of the homosexual lifestyle.

I'll exercise my right to say that I find homosexuality immoral and gross.

God Bless America

I exercise my right to reply to your post and describe your beliefs as medieval.

iCarabma

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2012
Good news!

I want to live in a world where straight is the norm and gay is the exception. I want to live ina world where the gay agenda is not pushed to everyone. I want to live in a world that makes the gay the outcast and not the person that believes it is wrong.

I have fantastic news for you. It's possible for you to live in that world RIGHT NOW. In fact, there are tons of places you can live!

Kenya maybe, Sudan? Most of central Africa has strict anti gay laws. You can chose most Muslim nations. Iran and Egypt have been know to execute people suspected of being gay. China? Russia of course, their laws seem to be exactly in line with your creed. North Korea is another big one.

I'm kinda jealous by how many adventures you are going have on your tour of hate.

And if none of those places seem like a nice place to live, I do have one more place you can go...

crsh1976

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2011
Your comments are debatable. Hispanics are minorities... I don't hear them publicly announcing that they are Hispanic. Blacks are minorities, I don't hear them publically announcing that they are 'African American'.

There are MANY minority groups in the world. Billionaires are minorities... and you don't hear them announcing to the world that they are a billionaire.

To many... people who publicly announce their status, to most, seems arrogant and egotistical.

Here's a thought: Do you think it would be right if the person on your street, in your neighborhood, leaves a flyer in everyone's mailbox announcing that he is the richest person in your neighborhood?

Way to completely avoid the real debate here. I bet you sleep real good at night.

Are billionaires ever oppressed or beaten up or killing themselves because they have too much money? Are they raised to believe they cannot ever be a normal/successful/happy/etc person if they chose "that" lifestyle? Are they ever denied promotions at work or good marks in school?

Because this **** still really happens in 2014 for way too many people stuck in that "minorities" category.

knemonic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
Good for him. I'd rather back a company who is ran by people who stand up for what is right, equality and privacy.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Yikes, no. Gays are not equals. A man is not interchangeable with a woman.

This is not one of his finer moments. "Don't ask don't tell". Nobody wants to hear about your bizarre bedroom behavior. As CEO of a business, he should know better than to share such things publicly.

And just WHICH "bizarre bedroom behavior" did he force upon you??

It's your own imagination filling in THOSE blanks, sir.

bkushner

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
You're going to get attacked for that, but if it helps, you aren't the only one that feels that way.

Yup, there are still a lot of red states. And Russia. And China and Iran and Saudia Arabia. Nice company you keep.

thiagos

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2007
NYC (Manhattan)
"Gay" is a cult. All humans are attracted to each other. I like men and women - but I do not define myself by that characteristic - which I believe is so common as to be ubiquitous amongst human beings.

Go ahead and label yourself, but don't try to force your labels on me.

Cult? You are ********** nuts. Grab a dictionary and find the definition for "cult".
I could easily discriminate you on your IQ but I'll leave it to others because you are a waste of space.

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
I have fantastic news for you. It's possible for you to live in that world RIGHT NOW. In fact, there are tons of places you can live!

Kenya maybe, Sudan? Most of central Africa has strict anti gay laws. You can chose most Muslim nations. Iran and Egypt have been know to execute people suspected of being gay. China? Russia of course, their laws seem to be exactly in line with your creed. North Korea is another big one.

I'm kinda jealous by how many adventures you are going have on your tour of hate.

And if none of those places seem like a nice place to live, I do have one more place you can go...

Hell with all the gays?

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Why is it funny? The most powerful company in the world has a gay leader. That is important to many people who are gay and those that discriminate against gay people as well.

Many of us- yes I'm gay, IME don't feel victimized.

This is about the media and some others being obsessed with homosexuality over the past few years.

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
I just wanted to add my support and admiration to Tim Cook for publicly coming out, especially considering the risk in doing so is all on the downside. It would be nice if humanity was evolved enough that this was no longer an issue, but clearly we are not there yet. The bigotry against gays has real consequences especially for young people, and the more examples of real people and leaders demonstrating that they are just like everyone else, the more the hate reveals itself as absurd.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

Goddam, hahahaha .... :D

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Sorry, but I'm done buying Apple products as long as Tim Cook is CEO. Using his public position to push the agenda of hate and intolerancs aka. the gay agenda, is disgusting. Keep your bizarre sexual behavior to yourself, Tim, nobody wants to hear about it.

Those Android tablets are looking better and better.

Can you close your MacRumours account when you leave?

And what an incredible self-deception. "Agenda of hate and intolerance"? Are you related to Baghdad Bob by any chance? And somehow I didn't notice that you told anybody anything about his sexual behaviour, so that must be happening somewhere in your brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.