Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sharrock2003

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
For those that have a ship-by-date of 10/31 and have NOT yet seen any movement on their devices...

From the looks of the latest Verizon Community Forums, it appears many customer service representatives are informing folks that 10/31 ship date will be honored, irrespective of color (unless of course your ship date was already pushed back). Apparently, VZW is expecting a decent supply from Apple and they have plans to fulfill the promised pre-orders. Perhaps a glimmer of hope!?

iPhone 6+ 64GB Gold
Ordered: 9/30
Estimated Ship Date: 10/31
current ICONIC status: "C"

Good god I hope that's the case....

knively

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
iPhone 6 64GB SG - Ordered 10/12 8:30PM, Ship By 11/7, Still iconic C

seems like they haven't had a batch of 6 64GB SG for a week...

DiggityBiggity

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2014
New York Metro
Delivered!!!

From the FedEX website:

1:29 pm Delivered Livingston, NJ
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

Join the club, I added a piece of scrap metal for weight. :eek:

Why didn't I think of that?!

I took the cutout of an "actual size" photo of the iphone 6+ out of a magazine.

Yeah, I found a template online that had the actual size. I made a 6 and a 6 plus and carried them both around with me for three days before deciding the PLUS was for me.

you might want to try this case...

I've looked into those before. Where as they do look great, especially for the price, I'm very loyal to Otterbox as they've never once given me an issue with a warranty replacement.

Looks like I'll be making my very own un-boxing video tonight!!! :D:cool:

valleyboy14

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
Looks like the last 11/7 ship date for SG-6+-64GB was fulfilled on the ordertracker so I think it is safe to assume the 11/14s will start shipping today or very soon thereafter. There is one person not showing shipped, but he indicated it being shipped in a post here. Of course we have no way of knowing how representative the sample is, but my guess is there is enough data there to be representative of what is going on nationally. We also have no way of knowing what Verizon actually has received from Apple, but it looks like they are getting in a steady stream. It will be interesting to see if Apple can catch up to demand fast enough to have merchandise actually in the stores on black Friday.

I hope your right, last year many places had the 5s on special for black Friday I wonder if they will do the same with the 6 this year

----------

I would love to start seeing some movement for those of us that have 11/14 shipping dates

Im with you hopefully by Monday

IanGahagan

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Montana
For those that have a ship-by-date of 10/31 and have NOT yet seen any movement on their devices...

From the looks of the latest Verizon Community Forums, it appears many customer service representatives are informing folks that 10/31 ship date will be honored, irrespective of color (unless of course your ship date was already pushed back). Apparently, VZW is expecting a decent supply from Apple and they have plans to fulfill the promised pre-orders. Perhaps a glimmer of hope!?

iPhone 6+ 64GB Gold

Would that mean there is going to be movement on the 10/24 expected ship dates as well? I haven't seen any movement for my order which has that date. :(

lmf11Bwife

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2014
North Carolina
I saw I got the infamous between 8-9PM EST. I found the tracking number on Verizon around 10AM this morning. I received email from Verizon at 11:16 AM. FedEx still says, "Tracking number cannot be found." Anybody seeing this?

Last edited:

j1huynh

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012

iPhone 6+ 64GB Gold

Waiting for the exact same configuration.. arg

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I saw I got the infamous between 8-9PM EST. I found the tracking number on Verizon around 10AM this morning. I received email from Verizon at 11:16 AM. FedEx still says, "Tracking number cannot be found." Anybody seeing this?

Yep, figured it means a label is made but not in Fedex hands yet. I'm guessing a Monday delivery?

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
64GB Silver 6+

Ordered at Verizon store on 9/20
Order processed on 10/29
Got tracking number today 10/30
Delivery date 11/3

Surprised you can track it already, lots of us can't yet?

----------

Depends on how close to PA you are. If you're close (just a state or two away) you'll get it tomorrow (Friday)

Otherwise yes, Monday

Next to the Va/Tn line on Interstate 81, most of my Fedex stuff comes from Dublin, VA so I'm guessing it goes there first to be put on a delivery truck.

travmofosho

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2012
Surprised you can track it already, lots of us can't yet?

You can track it using the Fed Ex if you search by reference number. It explains how to put together the reference number a couple pages back. You can get it before Verizon provides it sometimes

DiggityBiggity

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2014
New York Metro
Next to the Va/Tn line on Interstate 81, most of my Fedex stuff comes from Dublin, VA so I'm guessing it goes there first to be put on a delivery truck.

You may be right on the cusp and get lucky. This was my tracking info:

10/30/2014 - Thursday
1:29 pm Delivered Livingston, NJ
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

3:49 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery KEASBEY, NJ

3:45 am Arrived at FedEx location KEASBEY, NJ

3:44 am At local FedEx facility KEASBEY, NJ

10/29/2014 - Wednesday
9:11 pm Departed FedEx location LEWISBERRY, PA

7:19 pm Arrived at FedEx location LEWISBERRY, PA

3:06 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

12:00 am Picked up EXTON, PA

southpoleman69

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
pa
Seems they are coming out of exton and lewisberry. Which is great for me, I'm 20 minutes from lewisberry, so hopefully when mine actually does ship I'll get lucky with the next day. Maybe.

MacSter2011

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2011
Bad news, Just checked my status through the status checker site (http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/orderstatus/OrderStatusForm) and my expected ship date changed from 10/31/2014 to 11/14/2014. Iconic still says 10/31/2014.

Called customer service and they told me it's apples fault, they delayed the shipment they were expecting to get today. Additional weird info - the 6+ are coming directly from Japan from apple to Verizon users, not going to Verizon first.

Ordered 10/17
Original Expected Ship: 10/31
Current Expected Ship: 11/14
6+ 128gig SG

Sharrock2003

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2014
Mine doesn't have an expected ship date on it at all. Just the canned "Your order is processing. Your shipping details will be available soon." jargon.

maximp

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
NYC
Bad news, Just checked my status through the status checker site
Called customer service and they told me it's apples fault, they delayed the shipment they were expecting to get today. Additional weird info - the 6+ are coming directly from Japan from apple to Verizon users, not going to Verizon first.

Kinda doubtful, firstly due to the fact that Apple has both 6 and 6+es assembled in China, not Japan, and secondly all tracking we had seen so far was Memphis TN and Lewisberry PA, and from what I've seen that is where Verizon includes the paperwork, recycle/return bags and labels, and when units actually get assigned to specific orders.

MacSter2011

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2011
Bad news, Just checked my status through the status checker site

Kinda doubtful, firstly due to the fact that Apple has both 6 and 6+es assembled in China, not Japan, and secondly all tracking we had seen so far was Memphis TN and Lewisberry PA, and from what I've seen that is where Verizon includes the paperwork, recycle/return bags and labels, and when units actually get assigned to specific orders.

That's why I thought it was a bit strange, the rep might have been simply confused.

HerosOnFilm

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
So even though the order status page is not working, I checked through "My Verizon" and clicked on "My Orders." Both iPhones now show up, which I take as a good sign! No tracking info yet, but this is the first time the phones have showed up in my verizon. Hopefully shipping out by Monday at the latest!

Received tracking number...ship date is today (2-day shipping), should receive it Monday! (unless Fed Ex Ground delivers on weekends).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.