Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jobsy

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
I'm guessing you've never seen extreme slow motion video before. Stuff bends and flexes when there's an impact like that. The camera records at a very high frame rate and then slowed down to show things that your eyes can see at real-time speeds.

as said....nice special effects....but unfortunately good old plain FUD....

on the other hand if you want to see how the phone drops in real life...enjoy:
http://youtu.be/JS8f-hVsDzA

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
OP these trolls are winning. You are feeding in so hard

Are they trolls or just in denial? I post a success story about how my iPhone was dropped but didn't bend and people still don't believe me.

You know, now that this bend thing is a thing, every Apple product that comes out now will be subject to the bend test. Even non-apple products are getting the bend treatment.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I was getting out of my car and the darn thing slipped out of my hand somehow. This thing is so slippery!

Anyway, I scuffed a corner, but it's still not bent.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the iPhone 6 is strong enough to survive a fall onto pavement and still not bend.

Thank you.

This post is the result of the misinformation campaign started by Apple haters on the web.....

chrislaw

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2009
central ohio
Seems pretty obvious to me that the phone is bent towards the top. Do you keep it in your pocket or did the drop alone cause the bending? :confused:

Altruistic

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014
Thanks ---

--- for sharing, always hate to see anyone drop their phone.

Last time I'm going to say this... there is NO bend. I physically inspected the phone and it's as straight as it's always been since I got it.

Bye now. Enjoy. I was only trying to reassure people that my iPhone was dropped (yes I take responsibility for my actions) and I checked it afterwards and it's still straight. So these things don't bend as easily as some people claim. If it really was as soft as people say, it would've bent on impact, but it didn't.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Are they trolls or just in denial? I post a success story about how my iPhone was dropped but didn't bend and people still don't believe me.

You know, now that this bend thing is a thing, every Apple product that comes out now will be subject to the bend test. Even non-apple products are getting the bend treatment.

Mate, it's like it's hopping off the table.

Bigj1288

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2014

Well fans of products tend to be extremely defensive. Especially if they JUST put alot of money into it. So people like to play Devil's advocate and make EVERYBODY think EVERYBODY else is an idiot or hater and stir **** up for amusement. I'll say sometimes it works out incredibly well for all involved and it's hilarious

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Do people cover their cars in a hard plastic case while they're driving? I mean, it could get damaged right?

You have a soft aluminum car?

----------

I feel like MacRumors forums are filled with trolls that will either hate everything Apple related or defend Apple like they're the CEO of the company.

I think these guys are just joking with you, just running with the joke.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
You have a soft aluminum car?

----------

I think these guys are just joking with you, just running with the joke.

Cars aren't aluminum obviously, but they do dent quite easily yet people still drive them around knowing that it's possible to hit something by mistake.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
No wobbles. It's straight. I can't believe that people don't believe a NON-BEND claim. It's not bent. I checked it because I was worried that it might have bent from the fall. Remarkably it's fine.

are you sure your table is flat?

/s (although surprisingly asked often by fanatics)

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
are you sure your table is flat?

/s (although surprisingly asked often by fanatics)

It was actually twisted a few thousands of an inch, but I twisted it back with my hands (not much force applied) and now it's fine. So yeah, it did bend a very tiny bit (it may have even been that way before the fall, but I never tested it).

However, the way I was checking it before was putting a ruler up to each side of the phone. Obviously that's not going to check for a twist, but rather a bend along the sides. So when I laid it flat on it's face, I noticed a tiny bit of wobbling, so tiny in fact that it was hardly there. I put a very small amount of pressure and twisted it back with my hands lightly (I say lightly because I literally hardly had to try at all to get it to twist back to normal).

Toltepeceno

Suspended
Jul 17, 2012
SMT, Edo MX, MX
Cars aren't aluminum obviously, but they do dent quite easily yet people still drive them around knowing that it's possible to hit something by mistake.

It's possible to do almost anything by mistake, but the steel in cars in no way is as soft as the aluminum in iphones and do not dent or scratch any where near as easily.

If you compare their sizes, from how high would you have to drop a car to compare to dropping a phone from waist high?

I'm over 60 and have never had an accident in a car, I have dropped my phone MANY times.

Not to mention that if my car is dented insurance covers it, what insurance covers a dent in my phone?

Big difference.

It's kind of funny. Of all the things to get uptight about, someone choosing to use a case with their phone is really something to be up in arms about.

Last edited:

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I don't get what people have against cases. Do you really feel special by showing off your fancy Apple logo on the back or something? Especially now that the iPhone is too thin imo there's 0 excuse NOT to have a case. I have an Otterbox Symmetry case on mine and imo it's too damn thin still, wish I had a case that made it thicker and square like the iphone 5 was. And they don't look tacky, and it's well worth protecting a device that costs upwards of $1k.

You do realize that people have different preferences right? I wouldn't be caught dead with any sort of an Otterbox.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
I am more concerned that there seems to be some type of gravity vortex. You do realize that your phone clinging to that table, somehow defying all of Newton’s laws. Sir or Madam I am branding you a witch.

A witch! A witch! A witch! We found a witch! We've got a witch! A witch! A witch! We have found a witch. May we burn her?

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I was getting out of my car and the darn thing slipped out of my hand somehow. This thing is so slippery!

Anyway, I scuffed a corner, but it's still not bent.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the iPhone 6 is strong enough to survive a fall onto pavement and still not bend.

Thank you.

Whatever dude, I put my iPhone 6+ on my desk at work, and after 30 min of lying on my desk, it bent.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
Does anyone think a skin like the ones Decalgirl sells would be ample protection for the 6 or 6 plus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.