Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickd15

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Just got shipping confirmation!!! Only thing is, when I go to check my tracking number, nothing comes up. Should I be worried?
16GB SG 6+

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
I just talked to a premier CSR and she said my order is fine and I said will it stay that way and she looked deeper and saw its in warehouse to ship.

I am taking all this with a grain of salt of course because it's ATT.

Told her all about the issues on the forums. She reiterated my account was fine.

Well, according to AT&T your order's been in the "warehouse preparing to ship" since you placed it.

Can't believe you're still waiting !! :mad: #ATTFAIL

On a side note, have been with the 6 + for about a week now. Took me a day or two to adjust and now I love it. Initial impression was "damn this thing is huge", now I can't see myself going to a smaller screen. I'm still getting used to texting, as the keys are a bit more spread out due to size, so occasionally I type in the wrong letter, but I'll get used to that too eventually.

slimbutnotshady

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I just talked to a premier CSR and she said my order is fine and I said will it stay that way and she looked deeper and saw its in warehouse to ship.

I am taking all this with a grain of salt of course because it's ATT.

Told her all about the issues on the forums. She reiterated my account was fine.

Did you tell her you have a free sucker punch cocked and loaded?

Gingersnap3813

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
Well, according to AT&T your order's been in the "warehouse preparing to ship" since you placed it.

Can't believe you're still waiting !! :mad: #ATTFAIL

On a side note, have been with the 6 + for about a week now. Took me a day or two to adjust and now I love it. Initial impression was "damn this thing is huge", now I can't see myself going to a smaller screen. I'm still getting used to texting, as the keys are a bit more spread out due to size, so occasionally I type in the wrong letter, but I'll get used to that too eventually.

I don't get it. I called my local Best Buy to see if they had any 6+ 128 GB any color and they said yes. For every provider except AT&T.

Seriously. People need to bombard the President of AT&T with emails and calls demanding why this is. I think we deserve answers.

slimbutnotshady

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Just got shipping confirmation!!! Only thing is, when I go to check my tracking number, nothing comes up. Should I be worried?
16GB SG 6+

Got my shipping notification yesterday with tracking number around 2 pm? Shipped USPS and didn't show activity until 5 hours later. I think you're good. Congrats!

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
16GB SG 6+

Nothing is going to come up for about a day. If it's USPS, they're notoriously slow with updating their status. Either way, Congrats. I just signed up for alerts once the tracking popped up, that way I didn't have to check USPS every day.

slimbutnotshady

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Nothing is going to come up for about a day. If it's USPS, they're notoriously slow with updating their status. Either way, Congrats. I just signed up for alerts once the tracking popped up, that way I didn't have to check USPS every day.

I second that. I signed up for text notifications. Super easy

MICMAC247

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2009
Ordered my 64G SG on 10/14.... My friend LITERALLY ordered his 2 days before mine and his came today. *Stares at "Preparing to ship status" that hasn't changed in 2 weeks* :mad: sent me photos of it and everything

Get in line with me my friend (10/13 order date). There's folks on here who's preorder's haven't been filled.

Gingersnap3813

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2014
I've just decided to call 1-2 times a day to check on my order with an actual CSR. I'm on day 2 of my estimated shipping dates.

AT&T. You've brought this upon yourselves.

b1scu1t

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
Well he has no idea when verizon is going to start offering the nexus 6, as it doesn't look like google is going to pushing too many units of the nexus 6 through the play store.

I do hope you get yours by 11/6. The problem for both of us was, we ordered through the retention department and ATT had us by our balls. If we had open eligibility right now, I am sure you would have one in your hands too.

But I bet you that your friend won't be waiting 6 weeks for his Nexus. :) Oh well, if I don't get anything by 11/6 I'm just going to do what you did and walk into a store and upgrade.

ShaneaElizabeth

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Well he has no idea when verizon is going to start offering the nexus 6, as it doesn't look like google is going to pushing too many units of the nexus 6 through the play store.

I do hope you get yours by 11/6. The problem for both of us was, we ordered through the retention department and ATT had us by our balls. If we had open eligibility right now, I am sure you would have one in your hands too.

I ordered the exact same phone as themyst on the same exact day, through an AT&T store, not through retention, and I still do not have my phone.

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010

If I was eligible, I'd be trolling Apple store stock instead of this thread. I work two blocks from the Grand Central store which is one of their biggest. I still genuinely believe it will be soon though. I'm sure 2+ months of endless bitching and ranting to their CSRs is motivating them a bit.

InescabQuixotic

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
If I was eligible, I'd be trolling Apple store stock instead of this thread. I work two blocks from the Grand Central store which is one of their biggest. I still genuinely believe it will be soon though. I'm sure 2+ months of endless bitching and ranting to their CSRs is motivating them a bit.

I have trolled the only Apple store in Indiana since I ordered my phone, only once did they have stock of SG 64GB ATT phones, it only lasted an hour.

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
I have trolled the only Apple store in Indiana since I ordered my phone, only once did they have stock of SG 64GB ATT phones, it only lasted an hour.

It's not so bad in NYC, there are 7 stores across Manhattan and Long Island to choose from.

It stinks that Sprint still sucks so bad. I could get one of those phones at a store no problem.

iBeg2Differ

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
Hubby has been on the phone for 2 hrs now, speaking to the 6th person. After checking that the CC we used was ok, they've each resorted to insinuate that we must not have had sufficient funds, which he attacked viciously. Like he said..."...I don't want to brag, lady, but I have a very healthy bank account so the fact that I'm being accused of that is no surprise seeing that the forums are full of people just like me that you have screwed over with the same lie!!"
The CRSs start off all snappy but when you give them attitude and let them know you are well informed (thanks MacRumor forum!!), they switch back to helpful humans.

So far, they have offered to find the phone in a nearby ATT store and have it held for us (but not at an Apple Store), remove upgrade fees, and get a monthly discount.

That's not enough for me....I want to take them up on escalating my CC issue so that when I prove them wrong on my account balances the past week, I will demand they eat up the price of the phone too just for messing with me like that!!!

It ain't over....!!!

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2014
San Diego, CA
Tons of east coast gold 64s hopefully that means they are beginning to ship. still no silvers.
Oh and LMAO at the "bought one on 10/13" angry post.
No one should have to wait longer than 3 weeks but plenty have.

Robert1-1

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
mine was cancelled too. Called and found it the code was "invalid tender".

Did you pre-authorize your sales tax with a chase card? I did. Chase did a mass cancel of all their credit cards and issued new ones because of the HD breach. So when they went to charge mine today (presumbably because they were ready to ship) it failed and the order got cancelled.

Are they even going to look into what happened, or are they just going to blow it off and expect you to reorder.

The same with you skierbri10 and duron1984, are they looking into it.

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Tons of east coast gold 64s hopefully that means they are beginning to ship. still no silvers.
Oh and LMAO at the "bought one on 10/13" angry post.
No one should have to wait longer than 3 weeks but plenty have.

I see a ton of AT&T 6+'s, but no 64s in NYC. only 16 or 128 in every color. Are they that hard to come by? I saw one shop out in Long Island that has a 64GB SG, but i'm a rebel, I don't want SG. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.