Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Geez, how many bungled launches is it going to take for Google to learn how to properly sell a device? Same s&$t, different year.

To everyone asking why Google's Nexus phones barely ever register a blip on the radar, it's crap like this.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Very disappointing. I kept refreshing the page hoping it would show up. The 64GB didn't even show up at all.

Another botched pre order for the Goog

Over at XDA...there was some that found a trick. They said they added the N6 to their wishlist. Then added it to their cart and was able to get one even though it said out of stock. Weird.....

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
I copped one today!

15476630030_8074ff6771_z.jpg

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Yeah, I'm a little disappointed about that ship date. I'm not going to complain though, I at least got in, lots of people over at the AC forums angry about missing out.
Oh yeah... Count your blessings! At least you got one!

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Over at XDA...there was some that found a trick. They said they added the N6 to their wishlist. Then added it to their cart and was able to get one even though it said out of stock. Weird.....

i wonder how they added it to their cart...

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
When do U.S. carriers starting stocking the Nexus 6 ? Or stores like Worst Buy ?

TimelessOne

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2014
Geez, how many bungled launches is it going to take for Google to learn how to properly sell a device? Same s&$t, different year.

To everyone asking why Google's Nexus phones barely ever register a blip on the radar, it's crap like this.

honestly if you take out the slam at the begining nexus phones are not that common. YOu have the nerds who go after them hard and fast but after that they do not keep the high demand. It never a blip because outside of the nerd group people just do not go after nexus phones. Big time when about the only way to really get them is off contract. Plus they lack the sell incentives that like the Samsung phones have nor do they get the same advertisement. Most people on the street would not know what the Nexus 6 is but every one of them knows about the Note 4.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
When do U.S. carriers starting stocking the Nexus 6 ? Or stores like Worst Buy ?

T-mobile said Nov. 12. They really must have only had a few (literally) on the playstore for preorder. I'm thinking the carriers are going to get most of the supply.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
T-mobile said Nov. 12. They really must have only had a few (literally) on the playstore for preorder. I'm thinking the carriers are going to get most of the supply.

I wonder if the carrier phones are branded. If not I may just get one from t-mobile (along with every other person wanting one, lol). AT&T has bumpkiss on the Nexus 6...

Not sure why this year is so much worse than last year. Though I am reading online that it is possible that 5.0 wasn't done until recently, and that the device just passed FCC certification... So maybe they should have waited till the 3rd to allow preorders...

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

I'm guessing it's likely due to this^. To get the carriers on board, they probably need to direct most of their inventory there, otherwise, what's the point?

On a slightly related note, I stopped into my local AT&T store for something else and while waiting finally saw the Moto X in person. I really liked the improvement in materials over last year's model. The screen seemed pretty nice, it felt great in hand, not too big. Of course after using a 6+ for a month, everything feels smaller by comparison. ;)

If the Nexus has the same build quality/materials as the X, it's going to be a great device, even as big as it is. Really looking forward to seeing one in person.

TimelessOne

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2014

seems to make sense only the hard core people even will buy them off contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.