Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
L
yeah thats pretty terrible lol. I want essentially my 5s red case, but in ipad form. The lip should just slightly extend to protect the glass

hmm�� most folks seem pleased with their smart cases though! Am picking up my midnight blue 2moro & will report back

----------

I assume everyone else's iPads have all turned up and everyone is busy playing? :(

Yes we have sorry��...hope yours turns up soon! I can assure you once you catch a glimpse of your purchase Sycraen or whatever they are called ( they delivered mine on time) & UK mail will be forgiven��

Last edited:

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
L

hmm�� most folks seem pleased with their smart cases though! Am picking up my midnight blue 2moro & will report back

----------

Yes we have sorry��...hope yours turns up soon! I can assure you once you catch a glimpse of your purchase Sycraen or whatever they are called ( they delivered mine on time) & UK mail will be forgiven��

i think if it was 10% thinner and didn't include the cover it would've been perfect. The cover is the main reason that the tray portion can't be curved and smooth to the touch (has to be flat to allow the cover to close correctly)

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Woo! Finally got an Air 2! Couldn't preorder this time, nobody in, so I've been making daily trips to the Apple Store on the way to work to track down a 128gb Cellular Space Grey. Finally got one just now in Leeds :)

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
i think if it was 10% thinner and didn't include the cover it would've been perfect. The cover is the main reason that the tray portion can't be curved and smooth to the touch (has to be flat to allow the cover to close correctly)

So I picked the case up at my local waitrose ordered via John Lewis; I took the iPad along for fitting # and it was literally a fitted affair☺️. I don't think there are thinner cases out there that would fit the device like a glove as the Apple case.

As for quality it feels & looks good but as far as durability goes, I would opt for the darker colours. I don't see the red one standing the test of time seeing a colleagues' already showing dark patches at the edges after a 2 day handling!

Also don't forget to check the rear of the package for the Air 2nd generation signature...

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
So I picked the case up at my local waitrose ordered via John Lewis; I took the iPad along for fitting # and it was literally a fitted affair☺️. I don't think there are thinner cases out there that would fit the device like a glove as the Apple case.

As for quality it feels & looks good but as far as durability goes, I would opt for the darker colours. I don't see the red one standing the test of time seeing a colleagues' already showing dark patches at the edges after a 2 day handling!

Also don't forget to check the rear of the package for the Air 2nd generation signature...

you would probably be horrified at my 1year old 5S red case. It looks burnt. The issue with the ipad case is that it wouldn't have the benefit of being put into your pocket like the air..so the wear may be less even which is important for the lighter colors. My mom's light blue from last year is kinda...ehh the navy is probably a safe choice for those who don't like the black or brown case.

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
you would probably be horrified at my 1year old 5S red case. It looks burnt. The issue with the ipad case is that it wouldn't have the benefit of being put into your pocket like the air..so the wear may be less even which is important for the lighter colors. My mom's light blue from last year is kinda...ehh the navy is probably a safe choice for those who don't like the black or brown case.

I agree; I did'nt want black so got the navy, also the brown is not dark enough it's somewhat milk chocolate shade .

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
After proclaiming it to be the best thing since slice bread I experienced a crash a short while ago whilst messaging. I hope this is not a major defect but a glitch; I tried a restart it just won't budge then it sprung back to life afterward.

Has anyone experienced this? #

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
Ordered a 128Gb Silver Cellular at 9am yesterday and received it this morning at 11:30, cellular stock seems not to be an issue now, at Apple online at least.

medavo

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Lincoln, UK
Today is finally the day!!! After ordering in the first 5 minutes of preorder, I will today finally get my hands on it!! The first one was "lost" on route but it took Apple / Synceron / UK Mail several days to admit that it was not going to arrive and placing an order for a replacement. Kind of taken away a lot of the initial excitement!

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
Today is finally the day!!! After ordering in the first 5 minutes of preorder, I will today finally get my hands on it!! The first one was "lost" on route but it took Apple / Synceron / UK Mail several days to admit that it was not going to arrive and placing an order for a replacement. Kind of taken away a lot of the initial excitement!

All of that will soon be a distant memory once you have the iPad i expect :)

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK

ah finally they sorted out the delivery debacle...glad to hear it:D

Etiene

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2011
Amsterdam
Hi all, so just wondering if anyone's managed to solve an issue I'm having: I got the cellular, not because I need cellular data right now but for future convenience (hopefully in more countries as Apple SIM gets going). One annoyance: there is a pop-up saying I haven't activated cellular data which only gives the options "later" and "now". Clicking "later" don't permanently dismiss it, but will mean it reappears after a couple of hours.

I don't want to set it up now, and I'd rather not have to activate the EE £1 option just to then turn off the cellular until it's needed, but I haven't seen any other options. Anybody encountered and gotten round this?

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
Take the SIM card out till you want to use it, I think that will stop it after the initial warning about there being no sim.

Etiene

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2011
Amsterdam
Take the SIM card out till you want to use it, I think that will stop it after the initial warning about there being no sim.

Hmmm, I'd prefer not to have to do that. SIMs were easy enough to lose before they started shrinking, plus I'd almost inevitably not have it with me when I did want to activate it...

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
Wrap it in paper and store it in your wallet then it's with you all the time. There is no other option that I am aware of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.