Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riklar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Hello,
I am on MBP 13 mid 2010 which prints directly to an Epson printer via a USB cable. I have side by side an iMac 21 mid 2010. The iMac printed very well by printer sharing configured in Preferences>Sharing
After installation of Yosemite on both Macs printing sharing which worked very fine with Mavericks stopped to work.
I changed the USB cable to be connected to the iMac, hoping that the printing sharing would work on the MBP, but non.
What can I do to convince the printing to work via print sharing.
TIA

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
This sounds nothing like a OS X Yosemite problem. It sounds like you not setup your printer properly. Share the printer from the computer connected directly to the printer via USB. Setup the printer on the other computer via Bonjour.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
You may need to update your drivers to work with Yosemite. Have you gone to the Epson site to see if there are updated drivers? I've had this happen in the past with OS upgrades and a new driver was the answer.

riklar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
Thanks for your reply.
I would like to read few more words as to how one configure via BONJOUR.
Where and Which are all the commands?

----------

All my drivers are updated in both Macs while updating to Yosemite.
Going now to Epson site looking for the desired driver directs you to the App Store, and of course no more update are available since they were installed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.