Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

valdigre

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
Hey,

On my second charge here. First one charged no problem to 100% but the second one is on 98% for two hours without change.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

NewYorkRanger

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Hey,

On my second charge here. First one charged no problem to 100% but the second one is on 98% for two hours without change.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Try turning it off and letting it charge. If that doesn't work, drain the battery to zero and then charge to 100.

iLLUMI

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2012
Interesting! I noticed that some of the demo models around the place were sitting on 98%. So it seems to be a quite normal thing. The demo models probably haven't had a chance to be fully drained then charged.
I think there's an initial battery conditioning power cycle that is recommended?

valdigre

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
Yesterday, I had 95% for about an hour, then all of a sudden it jumped to 98% and state like that for 1 hour when I was using it. I left it charging another hour to no avail. Only when I turned it off and woke up the next day, when I turned it on it was 100%

Pluto88888

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
Yesterday, I had 95% for about an hour, then all of a sudden it jumped to 98% and state like that for 1 hour when I was using it. I left it charging another hour to no avail. Only when I turned it off and woke up the next day, when I turned it on it was 100%

Had the same thing with my iPhone 6 only charged up to 99% restarted device went back to 100% I think it battery calibration with the software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.