Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
isn't distribution of software a part of programming?

Unless Apple decided to physically distribute them. I see it nothing more than "It's not my department's fault" excuse

No. Distribution isn't part of programming

----------

Again, where did Jozwiak blame anyone else, including consumers? What he said was factually correct. There was a problem with the OTA distribution. It's still Apple's fault, hence why he apologized. If only the people making lame smart-ass comments like yours would do the same. :)

You are wasting your time. People here just want to bash Apple, it doesn't matter if the took full responsibility for a mistake they corrected in less than one day....

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
The only person tripping over themselves is you. You, posting on this Apple forum, doing your best to make Apple look bad. Why don't you take a second to ask yourself why you're even here? Posting 2010-era comments like "You're downloading it wrong" shows that you're only here to fling mud around. Nobody is saying that iOS 8.0.1 was not Apple's fault. Nobody.

Again, what on earth are you reading? Nobody is blaming anybody but Apple. Will you please stop making stuff up?

I completely agree... but do you think anybody that spends time posting on forums about a brand they don't like really cares about facts? They have to spin everything around to make Apple look bad, as if it subconsciously justifies their obnoxious pessimism.

I don't particularly like Samsung. You'll never see me on a Samsung forum for any reason. It would be a huge waste of time for me to poke sticks in the eyes of people that just want to take part in a community where they can discuss a common interest. I wholeheartedly believe in letting people enjoy what they want to enjoy, even when I don't share in their enthusiasm.

I'll never understand why people around here just won't let Apple fans enjoy Apple.
They feel the need to save us poor fools....
It's not an hobby. It's a mission.

----------

Putting the blame on someone else isn't the best move surely... There have been a few mistakes from Apple lately and I think it's about time they held their hands up and admitted them.

And you clearly didn't read the article....

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Understand your point about downgrading and only way to refresh is a new update, but how does the conduit used to download cause the problem (but the code is fine?)

The upgrade is a package with a checksum and installed on the phone. Are they saying some of the packages were bad depending on the source?

To your point why not make it 8.0.2 vs. a "dot" revision of 8.1?

I guess it all doesn't matter, just the positioning is just that.

Apple doesn't tend to release x.y.z.A. There aren't hardfast rules on how software version numbers have to be, only 'standards' and 'conventions'. And we all know Apple doesn't always follow standards.

Also, the software could have been corrupted or an incorrect build was being pulled from the servers via Over the Air update. Far too many possibilities to know for sure what happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.