Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lip5016

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2014
Hey, I was reading a few places on the internet that you can get some kind of apps that use "RSS Feed" input from whatever sites you want, and then program in whatever keyword/category, and whenever something that matches comes up on the RSS Feed you set up, that item or torrent will be downloaded automatically..

I know that there's a few things out there for OSX users to accomplish this kind of task, but it seems like almost everything I've looked into is designed specifically for TV Shows.. I can see how some people might want that.. but I'm not really interested in TV Shows.. rather things like Music, Movies, etc..

I've read some places that Vuze (which I'm using as my primary "downloader") can be set up with RSS Feeds and automatic downloading, but I really can't seem to find any solid information on the internet regarding how to set something like this up (*aside* from TV Shows.. which doesn't really help me..)

Can anybody help me out with this? Is this sort of thing possible with Vuze? Is there anything out there that will work with *ANY* sort of file? *NOT* just TV Shows?

Thanks!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.