Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Just picked up Vampire... heard it was some sort of cult classic that had to be played at least once in your lifetime. Was tempted by Watch Dogs, but I'll wait until its even cheaper since the PC port will be no doubt as bad as the rest of Ubisoft's attempts.

Regarding Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines - There is a community patch 9.1 that fixes just about all the problems -- the Canadian mirror is faster than the regular update site:

Vampire TMB patch

PlanetVampire.com is a great fan site...there are more out there, but I'm having too much fun playing the game. I hope you enjoy it half as much as I do!

VI™

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2010
Shepherdsturd, WV
Regarding Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines - There is a community patch 9.1 that fixes just about all the problems -- the Canadian mirror is faster than the regular update site:

Vampire TMB patch

PlanetVampire.com is a great fan site...there are more out there, but I'm having too much fun playing the game. I hope you enjoy it half as much as I do!

WW could have made a killing off of continuing with the WOD themed games. Too bad they made two Vampire games and quit.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Just picked up Vampire... heard it was some sort of cult classic that had to be played at least once in your lifetime. Was tempted by Watch Dogs, but I'll wait until its even cheaper since the PC port will be no doubt as bad as the rest of Ubisoft's attempts.

I can't say VM:B has got the best combat I've ever seen, but the atmosphere and story line are superb, very immersive. I've loved it for over a decade. You can get out on the dance floor and dance! And love the haunted house. I was impressed despite being well indoctrinated into horror games by the time I played this, it was very spooky.

There are walk-throughs online if you are afraid you might miss something. :)

Spoiler Below

For example if you heal the girl at the infirmary, she will later appear outside your apartment to "serve" you. :)

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Spoiler Below

Spoiler on one way to post spoilers in a forum...highlight the section below if you want to see a way to reveal spoilers only to those who really wish to see them:

Another way to post spoilers is to use a light colored font, and tell people to drag and highlight it if they want to find out.

And yeah, gun combat didn't float my boat, but I loves me the SLEDGEHAMMER!

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Spoiler on one way to post spoilers in a forum...highlight the section below if you want to see a way to reveal spoilers only to those who really wish to see them:

Another way to post spoilers is to use a light colored font, and tell people to drag and highlight it if they want to find out.

And yeah, gun combat didn't float my boat, but I loves me the SLEDGEHAMMER!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm familiar with the method, just lazy. Did you accidentally read it after seeing Spoiler? :)

thegreatdivorce

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2010
Upper Left USA
Picked up Insurgency and SpinTires. Haven't played SpinTires yet, but I'm really enjoying Insurgency. After many, many hours of BF3 and BF4, it's fun to play an FPS that's very different to those. Have only tried it on my gaming PC, but am going to give it a spin on my rMBP soon.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Picked up a few things already. Remember Me, Evil Within, Max Payne Trilogy and Condemned: Criminal Origins.

Soccer5se

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2011
South Korea
I picked up Civ V and all expansions for $12 can't beat that. G2a has some serious deals as well. I grabbed CODAW season pass for $25. Bring on the Zombies!!

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
Avoid Ghosts. Retarded plot and runs horribly on PCs.

cheers i pondered too long anyway. might grab thief in the winter sale.

and now im pondering due to steam's annoying quirks.

i have dishonored (great game) but not the DLC. they have the game itself for €5.50 or something, the game of the year edition with all the DLC is €8.49. to be honest even though i have the game thats a bargain for the DLC.

but if i pay the €8.49 ill have to download all the game again as steam treats it as a different game, and lose my save unless i figure it out.

of course i can buy the DLC separate and just install into my game but thats twice the price.....

decisions...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.