Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Try this. Go to http://www.google.com and search for ios 8 wifi issues. Report back afterward if you still think these aren't facts. Just because some users don't have the problem doesn't make it less real

I can basically find everything on Google specifically I can find Wi-Fi issue related references for ANY single device on the market.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Hold it and while on a fairly decent volume level, play a game or do anything touching the screen. The back vibration is the worst amongst any Ipads and none of them gave any vibration/feedback to the front screen at all when doing things.

It's annoying, not a deal breaker and very tolerable because I use earbuds and external speaker as well mostly. I can see why folks that don't really don't want to live with that, why does that amaze you??? As far as a defect? Android tablets thin and light do not experience this, I have experience with many with the most recent the 4th gen Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" which probably has the best sound on the planet.

The vibration in itself however would never keep me from the Air 2. The $100 savings, probably would get an Ipad Air 1 still on IOS 7 (the consensus is IOS 8 is buggy), absolutely better battery life and I doubt I'll notice much of a speed difference to tell the truth. More fuel why some folks would revert back to the Air 1.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm not going to the Air 1 just yet, just kicking it around. There are just as many folks happy with the move to the Air 2 from the Air 1 as the reverse.
As I said, yes the vibration is there, clearly. Is it annoying? I don't know how it can be defined annoying, but I concede it is subjective. Surely I can't define that a flaw.
About battery life I can't say much, so I rely on reviews, and they are quite positive. Performance wise, my quick test basically revealed same performances of my air. Maybe in the medium term the 2 Gb could give some advantages.

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
After trying to get an Air 2 for the last week, I encountered the discount on Air 1 models today at Staples. Best Buy prices matched so I ended up with a 32gb Air 1 for 379+tax.

Link in case anyone's interested.
http://m.staples.com/touch/product.html?sk_test=a#310343

meder87

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2010
Georgia
I had an iPad 2 and decided to upgrade to the Air 2. Was going to choose between mini 2 and Air 2. Birthday money came in so Air 2 was a realistic choice. Got the Air 2 but exchanged it today for the mini 3. Air 2 was amazing. Screen was beautiful and it was super thin. However, I noticed holding it got tiring after not a long period of time (play lots of games on my iPad). I also was not a fan of the vibration from the sound. I find it really odd that during testing no one at Apple thought it was a turn off.

Seems dumb that I got the mini 3, but I really like touch ID, I like the gold, and up until I found out about AT&T locked sim the Apple Sim was a big plus to me.

I got mine from Best Buy. If I decide to, I can always go exchange it for the mini 2 or switch back to the Air 2. So far im loving the small size of the mini and super happy I have finally have LTE.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Considered the iPad Air, but returned it due to low RAM and continuous refreshing issue in Safari. Consider the Air 2, and returned due to sound vibration. Settled on a Samsung Note 10.1, use the stylus a lot for editing pdf's.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Had the iPad 2 since launch and sold it earlier this year. Decided to go for Air 2 and used it on launch day. I walked into the local BestBuy and took a look at the Mini 2 as I've never tried it and bought that too. Was surprised how portable it is. And I don't even notice the "screen gamut issues". Returned my Air 2 and I'm happy as ever with the Mini 2. One complaint is 8.1. It's okay most of the time but is terrible sometimes. They need to fix it soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.