Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kristenanne77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
I have a mini-mac about 2 years old and vmware fusion. Mavericks on the mac and window xp run by fusion. Ever since the beginning of installing fusion and running window I have had nothing but headaches, freeze ups and when it did work correctly ... windoz was super-duper-ultra slow. (read as "unusable")
I am thinking about trying parrellells... can i try it while fusion is on the machine?

Thanks
K

freeuser

Suspended
Apr 8, 2013
Yes, but

if you want to use your current VM vis versa you will get the activation problem of your windows version, better use the shifted/moved option, not the copy. Or you try to use another windows version, not the same, because it will be seen as a new computer! Or try the new Windows 10 instead.

kristenanne77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
I did a "restore point" and got windows working again ... although slow (but not as slow as before).

I plan to stick with windoz xp, even though windoz 7 seems pretty good., mainly because i do not want to reinstall everything all over again.
As far as your windoz 10 idea, I usually wait about 3 years till the bugs are out.

Frankly I am getting tired of spending money for software to do a hundred extra things I will never use AND probably even more importantly, wasting precious time to learn how to use all these supossedly "user friendly" features. (And that means both windows and apple).

Thanks
K

J232022

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2014
Your Mac should be fine for running Windows , I would try using the free Virtualbox , I thought vmware made the free Vmware Player for mac but it looks like that is only available on Windows or Linux for free .

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.