Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jastanle84

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
Chiang Mai, Thailand
I see now in Yosemite that I can setup internet sharing through my Macbook Pro. I also see there is a way to connect my iPod touch or iPhone to my Macbook Pro through thunderbolt bridge when my Macbook Pro is on wifi. Do I just connect my thunderbolt cable from usb on Macbook Pro to thunderbolt connector on iPod touch? If so, I do not know how to setup connection through thunderbolt bridge from internet from Macbook Pro to iPod touch. Can someone assist me please?

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to accomplish but I'm assuming you want to access the Internet on you iPod by using the Mac as router so to speak? There is no way to do that through thunderbolt. The only way you can do that is if your Mac is on an Ethernet connection and then set up an Ad-hoc network on your Mac and connect your iPod touch to that network. Unfortunately the only way to connect the iPod to the Internet is through wifi.

If you are trying to connect your Mac to the Internet via your iPod, then that's different, but also completely impossible. The iPod lacks the function to create an ad-hoc network like that.

jastanle84

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
Chiang Mai, Thailand
I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to accomplish but I'm assuming you want to access the Internet on you iPod by using the Mac as router so to speak? There is no way to do that through thunderbolt. The only way you can do that is if your Mac is on an Ethernet connection and then set up an Ad-hoc network on your Mac and connect your iPod touch to that network. Unfortunately the only way to connect the iPod to the Internet is through wifi.

If you are trying to connect your Mac to the Internet via your iPod, then that's different, but also completely impossible. The iPod lacks the function to create an ad-hoc network like that.

Thanks for the info. I was waiting for other responses, but I guess this is the only answer since no one else responded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.