Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rhei

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Has anyone tried this out for OSX yet? How is it compared to the original Total Annihilation/Supcom titles? How does it run, especially once you get to very large, solar system spanning armies? Specifically wondering how my rMBP (late '13) with the GT750m would run it once I get late game.

Ainze

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2010
Runs great on my 780M. Very similar game mechanics to TA/SC, although the planet-to-planet stuff and spherical maps take some getting used to (still!). Shame the 'campaign' isn't a bit more substantial.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Runs great on my 780M. Very similar game mechanics to TA/SC, although the planet-to-planet stuff and spherical maps take some getting used to (still!). Shame the 'campaign' isn't a bit more substantial.

Does it play like "build up your forces quickly and annihilate the other guy's forces" RTS like Starcraft/SCII?

It kinda looks like that type of game to me after watching the YouTube trailers. Never played TA/SC.

Rhei

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Thanks for the answer Ainze. I guess I was mainly concerned with slow down once you get to high amounts of units blowing each other up on screen.

Ainze

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2010
Thanks for the answer Ainze. I guess I was mainly concerned with slow down once you get to high amounts of units blowing each other up on screen.

I can't speak for your machine, but it does seem pretty good and my guess is that your machine should be pretty smooth too. Also, the devs are still actively working away on it and updates usually come through every week, including performance optimisations at times, so they really are trying to make it as good as it can be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.