Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adanggas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Hey guys I'm just wondering how many of you iPad owners hear you speakers make a pop sound every once and a while. And how many have had an exchange to see if it fixed the problem or not.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I've had this twice today but not before. Don't know if I should exchange or not.

Adanggas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
I've had a replacement already and my new one still does it. There are many people over at the apple forums that have had this problem most time exchanges does not stop it. I think it's a software but with the audio driver. I would contact Apple so they are aware of it. The more of us complaining the fast a fix will come, all I hope.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
I've had a replacement already and my new one still does it. There are many people over at the apple forums that have had this problem most time exchanges does not stop it. I think it's a software but with the audio driver. I would contact Apple so they are aware of it. The more of us complaining the fast a fix will come, all I hope.

I think I may let apple know but don't want to bother with an exchange. I've had it happen twice in a span of 10 min will on IMessage but never again. I've had the iPad for 6 days. I think it's software related. Does yours happen more often?

Adanggas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Mines maybe once or twice a day but has not happend today at all.

timscole

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Me too

I'm also experiencing the same issue. I've read the three main threads on the apple support forum. Not sure at this point whether to request a replacement. My Air 2 is otherwise perfect so I am a bit loathed to go through the hassle of replacing to find that then new unit still pops and maybe is not as good in other ways...

Adanggas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
I'm in the same boat, my first ipad did the same pop but had another problem, my second is perfect besides the pops. I've read to many post of guys getting replacements and hearing it again. I have read some that think it's fixed with a new one but for how long.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I would most definitely say it's probably a audio driver issue. I have the exact same thing on a Dell laptop where if I just use the built in Windows audio driver the speakers pop every few minutes, drives me nuts. :mad:

Once I install the IDT audio drivers the popping noise never comes back.

manizzer

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2014
Mine too. It is a software issue. Makes the pop sound random form the speaker... It is very funny! Jajajaj. It is like my iñad has been drinking coca cola ....and then....

jrolson

macrumors member
May 15, 2011
Get the audio pop also, so annoying...

Also noticed with the Family Guy app, the music won't play unless a notification pops up, like the low battery warning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.