Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Did any of my fellow developers upgrade to Yosemite, now that it's released? Have you encountered any issues related to iOS development?

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
Did any of my fellow developers upgrade to Yosemite, now that it's released? Have you encountered any issues related to iOS development?
I have had several issues with Xcode 6.0.1 that don't occur in Xcode 5. But none with Yosemite itself. So I just keep Xcode 5 installed and use that whenever I encounter a problem.

wermy

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2013
No issues so far with Yosemite itself, but as AxoNeuron said I've had the occasional issue with Xcode 6. Hoping 6.1 is a little more stable.

qweenapps

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2014
I didn't noticed any issues regarding IOS development. Everything works smoothly. I keep my git repos on my Time Capsule, I had issues connecting to the drive a few times (never happened with Maverick). I had to restart to solve the problem.

mjohnson1212

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2007
I upgraded one of my macs and so far no issues specific to Yosemite.

I turned down the translucent affect in accessibility and that helped with Xcode.

My main gripe at the moment is leaks doesn't work on iOS 8+ with Xcode 6+ though this has nothing to do with Yosemite.

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2011
Thanks for the reduce transparency tip! that one really helped! Was feeling Windows Vista all over.

What bugs me more than anything is the full screen on zoom button. Probably a nice feature on laptops but I've a dual head setup so now whenever you just want to maximize some window one of your displays just goes dark - wft!?!

But no real issues so far.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I've since bitten the bullet and also upgraded to Yosemite. I haven't noticed any major issues either. As dantastic has mentioned, the lack of a maximize option will take some getting used to. I liked having the menu bar but I suspect I will discover I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I did. The other issue I found with full-screen mode is switching between the project window and documentation. Can no longer use Cmd-` when full-screening.

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2011
Well aware of the option click for the old functionality. The point is, with my setup I will _never_ use full screen mode so I would prefer to have the option to configure the feature.

f77coder

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2014
Twilight Zone
i get weird errors trying to compile apple's metal demo codes, they don't compile even with my iPad connected. it can't find its own binary files, include files, doesn't link

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.