Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iiAppleGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
Took two weeks before my Keynote and Pages documents finally synced to my new iPad. Still have some apps that haven't synced in over a month. More and more developers are abandoning iCloud for their own cloud service (usually using Amazon) or Dropbox.

Apple really needs to fix this. It's very broken.

Ridiculous that once an app switches to Dropbox for synchronization, my sync problems go away.

Disappointing.

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
Took two weeks before my Keynote and Pages documents finally synced to my new iPad. Still have some apps that haven't synced in over a month. More and more developers are abandoning iCloud for their own cloud service (usually using Amazon) or Dropbox.

Apple really needs to fix this. It's very broken.

Ridiculous that once an app switches to Dropbox for synchronization, my sync problems go away.

Disappointing.

No sync issues here.

iiAppleGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
Could be my account, corrupted files, etc. I just don't know and neither does the developer. It's doesn't work consistently enough to be of use.

impaler

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2006
USA
Could be my account, corrupted files, etc. I just don't know and neither does the developer. It's doesn't work consistently enough to be of use.

A lot of folks are complaining about it. I'm willing to live with the occasional blip to have a single solution. Rarely issues for me.

iiAppleGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2014
I think they'll get it right someday but it's too prone to failure for me to use now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.