Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeyManiac76

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2014
I sold mine one month before releasing the iPhone 6 Plus. Lucky me that Apple finally produced a phlablet. :)

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I have the iPhone 6, rMini and Air 2. The new Air is my favorite as I prefer the larger screen and I use that at home. The iPhone is used for calls and quick checks of e-mail, weather, etc. I take the rMini out with me and use that for web browsing or reading. They are all loved and will stay.

Glad someone else has this combo - I agree. Different screens for different purposes. The rMini is perfect for traveling I find and keeps my iPhone battery happy.

BigCLC

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I gave my ipad air away to a family member after not using it at all since I got my iphone 6+ on launch day. I had owned every ipad since it came out (except the 4th gen) and while it was nice to have the big screen, I like only having to manage one device now. I am also seriously considering getting rid of my macbook air once I graduate next month.

LillyLand

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
My 6yr old and 3yr old took over my iPad 2 over a year ago, so I haven't used it since. Now I'm loving the extra space of the 6+ for watching shows and surfing. Much more readable than the 5.

BTW, very happy the kids use the iPads (Griffin case has kept them in perfect condition). There's awesome educational apps out there.

RByers8252

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I traded in my iPad 2 for a Air 2 and use it and my 6+ regularly. I love the plus for portability but you can't compete with the gorgeous display and web browsing of an iPad.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I use my iPad Air 1 all the time. When I come home the iPhone 6+ gets docked up for the night. Bring out the iPad Air. However at work I now use my iPhone 6+ over my iPad Air.

imola

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2010
I could write a long story about it but in short: it went up on eBay. Between the the MBA and 6+, there's not much use for an iPad for me.

g.t. rags

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2010
Long Island
i've had my 6+ a little over a week. i've been home from work for the past 3 weeks and will be for about another 2, but when i do go out, I usually take my MBA, my iPad4 and my 6+ with me.

if i go out and I know i'm not going to need a laptop, i only take the iPad and 6+.

I use the iPad for games, and answering the phone/texts while my 6+ is in the other room charging. With continuity, its the greatest, i can be pretty much anywhere and respond to a phone call or email.... only thing i can't do is answer a call on my mac mini... i think i'm actually going to turn the ringer off on that if possible cause i've accidentally answered a few calls on it

I use it as a second screen for my Macbook, to stream video, play games, it's great!

how do you do that?

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
I have a Mini 2 and 6+, I still use the Mini 2 for consumption purposes, streaming music/movies, playing certain iPad-only games, web browsing, etc.

Anything other than music/movies though, the 6+ is just more useful. I do like the devs that have updated to support the 6+ are doing more with that screen. Most Android apps are just huge and blown up, but the apps that are actually updated for the 6+ screen are infinitely more useful.

I hope iOS devs do more with that bigger screen.

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
My iPad usage will not cease when the 6+ turns up although may not need to take the Air 2 on commute

My old iPad 3 served as my travel companion & home device due to the weight compared to the barely there Air 2

I will always have an iPad for as long as Apple releases new improved ones. A phone is a given��

Last edited:

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
My iPad mini is my ereader. Getting the iPhone 6 plus has not changed that. I read at work with my iPhone and when I get home it syncs where I left off reading to my iPad. I was using my 5s to read at work, so the added screen size with the 6+ is perfect. I am using Marvin the best reading app out there, and Dropbox to get the books wirelessly onto my iPad and iPhone.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Going to clear my data out and have it as a device that anyone can have free reign with downstairs.

Though to be honest I hardly used it anyway. A combination of my phone/laptop/Kindle served my needs.

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
When I first got my 6 plus a week ago I thought I would sell my iPad air. I still use my iPad Air, but it's less than before. Instead of using the iPad air 90% off the time I use it about 70% of the time. I do appreciate the larger screen, stereo speakers, larger battery, multi tasking gestures and tablet apps on the air over my 6 plus.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
Sold my iPad 3. With a 6 Plus and a 15" MBP, I find no need to get an iPad, even though I figured I would. Haha take that Apple! Oh wait, I'll just use that money to buy an Apple Watch...

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
I attached it to my iPhone 6 plus to keep both from bending...

actually, I never had an iPad before, but just got one, not sure if I was going to use it much. I use it as my watch videos, do some light reading before bed sort of device.

Use it more than I expected so going to keep it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.