Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyehop

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
The emoji's I see on most sites are yellow. I'm not yellow and somehow I get by with using them and not caring that a cartoon character doesn't look like me
You're a ******* fool

Beyond the original, base yellow icon set, there is an extensive set of expressions, activities and body parts that are caucasian only. Look in this forum thread to see them. They keep getting reposted, but people don't take time to read and consider the facts. Instead, they prefer to work out their white victim of non-existent oppression issues.:eek:

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Beyond the original, base yellow icon set, there is an extensive set of expressions, activities and body parts that are caucasian only. Look in this forum thread to see them. They keep getting reposted, but people don't take time to read and consider the facts. Instead, they prefer to work out their white victim of non-existent oppression issues.:eek:

Who cares? Really, why would someone look at an emoticon and care what color it is?
Talk about victimization issues....

Renzatic

Suspended
Who cares? Really, why would someone look at an emoticon and care what color it is?

For every time you say something like this, ask yourself why you're here arguing about it to begin with.

If no one cares about the color of the people in the emoji set, then shouldn't the inclusion of a bunch of extra colors elicit an equal "meh" response? You're saying it doesn't matter, right? So why are you acting like you care?

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
I agree that the yellow one's aren't really supposed to represent any particular group. It's these kinds of emoji that should be addressed: ####

mozumder

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2009
Talk about victimization issues....

I thought you said they were yellow? You were screaming about it earlier.

The best part is that you don't want a black girl to use emoji with black people in it, and you find that difficult to say directly.

A black girl should use emoji filled with white people only, right? :)

You conservative racists hate being called out on your racism, but we PC liberals will continue to call you out on your racism.

Last edited:

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Oh yes, when I put a little yellow smily face after a sentence I suffer greatly that it isn't white.
Oh know, the little cartoon character doesn't look like me, how will i go on?

Last edited by a moderator:

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Oh yes, when I put a little yellow smily face after a sentence I suffer greatly that it isn't white.
Oh know, the little cartoon character doesn't look like me, how will i go on?

What if you use the white ones? Does it look like you then?

Nah, just continue to ignore it. Pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
I thought you said they were yellow? You were screaming about it earlier.

The best part is that you don't want a black girl to use emoji with black people in it, and you find that difficult to say directly.

A black girl should use emoji filled with white people only, right? :)

You conservative racists hate being called out on your racism, but we PC liberals will continue to call you out on your racism.

If the emojis were originally black then I, as a white person, would have no desire to have white ones made for me -- because I can relate to a black emoji just as much as a white one. People can have different coloured emojis if they want, it just seems kinda petty. Am I racist?

----------

I can guaran-freaking-tee you that if there were 53 dark-skinned emojis and then just yellow ones, there would be an uproar.

I'd be cool with that.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
If the emojis were originally black then I, as a white person, would have no desire to have white ones made for me ...

If that were the case, and all emoji were blacks, would you actively argue against expanding the set to include other races?

noodlemanc

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2010
Australasia
If that were the case, and all emoji were blacks, would you actively argue against expanding the set to include other races?

Yes, my opinion would be the same as it is on this. Either way I wouldn't want people to not have it if they wanted to expand it, doesn't affect me, but I think that it's silly and pointless.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Yes, my opinion would be the same as it is on this. Either way I wouldn't want people to not have it if they wanted to expand it, doesn't affect me, but I think that it's silly and pointless.

Inclusion is rarely pointless.

But your railing against it is indeed silly.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
These are yellow?

������������������������������������✊✌️��✋��������������☝️����������������������������������������������

Not sure why you think all these emoji should be white people?

Well, I realize this is a bit pedantic, but I think most of those Emoji are actually supposed to represent Japanese people. As the whole system was originally designed by and for them.

PS. Why does editing break Emoji on this forum?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.