Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Posted this on the other case thread today as well. But posting here as well since we are talking about thinnest cases.

This is probably one of the thinnest cases that offers all around protection for cheap and sits flush with the camera as well.

link to other thread with price info.
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/20166490/

Mind sharing that wallpaper? Here is what I am currently using

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
If that is the boxwave case I tried, it did not seem that thin, and was the TPU type, soft and foldable. mine seemed kinda loose on the sides cause it is not hard plastic.

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
I received my $3.99 case from Ebay (link here) and as far as I can tell it's exactly the same as the Spigen/Veil. It fits really well and is quite good for the price really.

The only issue with these is that they don't improve the grip on the phone much. I am beginning to think the answer for me will be some sort of Slickwraps skin and I understand they will soon have a clear matte skin there.

I've also ordered a Shumuri but their shipping is slow, and if it is the same material as the Ebay case it may not be what I need anyways.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
For grip, nothing I've tried is even close to the Bear Motion's Sand series.
Best minimal cover I've had and grippy texture, I guess that's why they called it Sand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.