Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icebergx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi all,

My phone was running pretty well up until I just opened Cydia and saw that there were updates for 3 tweaks available. I decided to "update all" and the tweaks started downloading. The tweaks in question were AltKeyboard2, Moviebox and something else (can't remember atm.)
The phone restarted/resprung but then stopped at the spinning wheel for a few minutes, rebooted to the Apple logo and then the spinning wheel again. This went on 4-5 times so I rebooted with the "hold homebutton and on/off button."
Now, all I get is the apple logo and it remains frozen there indefinitely.

Could anybody please assist?

I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 7.04.

Thanks.

icebergx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
OK... This is a bit weird...
So I tried to restarted my phone and held the up volume key whilst doing so.
TO my surprise, the phone booted up fine, but none of my tweaks like Apex2 and Auxo 2 are working. Am I in Safe mode? It doesn't say "safe mode" at the top like it normally does...

I'm confused. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Reactions: b0kam

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
TO my surprise, the phone booted up fine, but none of my tweaks like Apex2 and Auxo 2 are working. Am I in Safe mode? It doesn't say "safe mode" at the top like it normally does...

It's similar to safe mode. Holding volume up while booting brings you into mobilesubstrate disabled mode. Nothing related to mobilesubstrate is enabled

When in that mode, you can open cydia and uninstall the offending tweak

You will have to reboot the device to return a normal state

heomonica

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2014

Me too, I am also confused.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
My mom's iPhone has become deaded after being dropped in water. The most annoying part of this is that it stuck on Apple logo.

How can I fix this complicated issue alone? How to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo???With FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery??

That is a different issue that the OP was discussing. If you dropped your phone in water, and it is on the Apple logo, your phone is probably dead. You can try to turn your phone off, and bake it in the over. (No kidding, google for instructions.) You might get it dry enough inside to boot up, if you can boot up, then you might still be able to recover the files, but your phone is still going to be junk in most cases.

I know its annoying to be on the Apple screen stuck. It would be worse if the phone would not power on at all, as there would be less hope.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
My mom's iPhone has become deaded after being dropped in water. The most annoying part of this is that it stuck on Apple logo.

How can I fix this complicated issue alone? How to fix iPhone stuck on Apple logo???With FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery??

You cannot fix hardware damage caused by liquid with software.
It needs to be repaired or replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.