Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thatdudebutch

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Any reason why this doesn't work for some?

I have:

4 lines
Family Plan 1400
Unlimited Text
2 Dumb Phones
1 UDP with Moto X
1 Tiered Data with iPhone 5 (2GB)

I have tried every browser config I have seen in these threads and no dice. :(

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014

I have:

4 lines
Family Plan 1400
Unlimited Text
2 Dumb Phones
1 UDP with Moto X

I am pretty sure someone said they had to drop down to 700 minutes from 1400 somewhere on this thread. Also get rid of unlimited texts, that may help. For sure NW 700 minute, payg texts with UDP will work.

thatdudebutch

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
Raleigh, NC
I am pretty sure someone said they had to drop down to 700 minutes from 1400 somewhere on this thread. Also get rid of unlimited texts, that may help. For sure NW 700 minute, payg texts with UDP will work.

Thanks. A good friend of mine has the same plan with 1400 minutes and unlimited texts and it shows up fine for him. Wonder what the deal is with that.

Also, if I change my plan at Verizon won't that mess with the current UDP I have? Thanks!

AutoLode

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Jet City
Thanks. A good friend of mine has the same plan with 1400 minutes and unlimited texts and it shows up fine for him. Wonder what the deal is with that.

Also, if I change my plan at Verizon won't that mess with the current UDP I have? Thanks!

On my individual MW plan I have unl minutes and 1000 text and it works fine

AutoLode

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
Jet City
What does this mean?

re CL when you click "Best of" it "immunizes" your ad to a degree (varying according to market) but IMO 1 best of click overrides 5 "prohibited" flags so if "immunize" your ad as soon as it shows up (before it can be flagged) your ad will stay a lot longer. I normally use 3 other accounts (3 totally different access points, computers etc) and the ad will be really strong

You can always have a deal with friends who can immunize your ads and you can do theirs

Every time to go to Safeway or Sixbucks etc clear your cookies, open a fresh browser and click "Best of" on all your ads, the more the better

Once your ads start to get flagged regularly it "weakens" your entire account so fewer and fewer flags will pull your ads so be sure to protect them :)

niiiiice

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2014

I was having trouble and I also had the 1400 plan. I was logging in with the primary number on the account which was a dummy line with no data. Instead, I logged in with my phone number that currently has unlimited and then the unlimited iphone popped up. Try logging in with each family members phone number and hopefully it pops up.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
re CL when you click "Best of" it "immunizes" your ad to a degree (varying according to market) but IMO 1 best of click overrides 5 "prohibited" flags so if "immunize" your ad as soon as it shows up (before it can be flagged) your ad will stay a lot longer. I normally use 3 other accounts (3 totally different access points, computers etc) and the ad will be really strong

You can always have a deal with friends who can immunize your ads and you can do theirs

Every time to go to Safeway or Sixbucks etc clear your cookies, open a fresh browser and click "Best of" on all your ads, the more the better

Once your ads start to get flagged regularly it "weakens" your entire account so fewer and fewer flags will pull your ads so be sure to protect them :)
thanks!

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
I was having trouble and I also had the 1400 plan. I was logging in with the primary number on the account which was a dummy line with no data. Instead, I logged in with my phone number that currently has unlimited and then the unlimited iphone popped up. Try logging in with each family members phone number and hopefully it pops up.

You should not use the main number. Always with the one that has udp on it.

----------

Lmao!!!!!! Oh this is the best...thanks!

Odd thing happened today though...

AOL a line to someone ($45 loyalty plan) and they accepted the terms. The email showed only the $15 30 minutes but no udp. They didn't think anything of it though.
After doing so, they didn't see the udp...
They called vzw back and had vzw put it back on.
Not sure what happened but just a bit weird why it did.

Anyways it worked so both parties are happy.

Same here. Four lines out. The guy would not sign tou until it shows up. Will call Verizon tomorrow again to see what's up.

BassAgent

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2014
I would call page plus and ask them what the problem is with the IMEI.
I looked online, and all I had to do was remove the last number on the IMEI to make it work. I just submitted the port. Hopefully it goes through and I can call verizon and port the number back to the new iphone UDP line tomorrow.

Now I just have to get this 6+ sold fast so i can buy a note 4. This iphone is so inferior :(

didiee

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Neighborhood
So I have a 5 line Any Mobile T&T FS plan with 3 UDPs and 2 basic phones. I pulled one of the basic phones out of the plan and made it a $45/mo UDP MHS to free up space for another UDP line. Then I merged a 450 min, payg text, UDP line from my subaccount into my Any Mobile T&T FS plan and it worked to keep UDP.

Just sayin' if you can get one of these Any Mobile T&T FS lines with UDP you can merge all of your other NW UDP lines into it and have the promo on your plan. But you have to convert them to 450 minute, payg text, UDP lines to do it.

You can't add UDP lines through apple to it, though.

Does t&t survive AOL? If it does....

----------

OK that is the MEID then.

----------

What does this mean?
On the t/c it did not have unlimited data on top. He refused to click accept until that shows up. I had a lot of problem with AOL today with him. I think part of the problem is that some of these lines were never "activated" on Verizon. They were all sitting in unopened boxes. I used to take the sim out and use one phone with multiple sim trick. These were never opened.

----------

I looked online, and all I had to do was remove the last number on the IMEI to make it work. I just submitted the port. Hopefully it goes through and I can call verizon and port the number back to the new iphone UDP line tomorrow.

Now I just have to get this 6+ sold fast so i can buy a note 4. This iphone is so inferior :(

I thought I maybe able to just swap the phone online. Nope did not work. When I swap the number, it says I need to pick a new data plan. I don't think so big red.

maestroX2

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
On the t/c it did not have unlimited data on top. He refused to click accept until that shows up. I had a lot of problem with AOL today with him. I think part of the problem is that some of these lines were never "activated" on Verizon. They were all sitting in unopened boxes. I used to take the sim out and use one phone with multiple sim trick. These were never opened.

What is the multiple sim trick ?

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Does t&t survive AOL? If it does....
The any mobile promo survives the aol. At least for now.

On the t/c it did not have unlimited data on top.
have you done an AOL yourself? The UDP does not show on the T&C, only the name of the plan does. So the $15/mo loyalty plan will show up on the T&C but you don't see anything about data. Then when the line appears in your account, it has the same data plan. At least for now.

maestroX2

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014

I have:

4 lines
Family Plan 1400
Unlimited Text
2 Dumb Phones
1 UDP with Moto X

You need too add a line to the line with UDP. If it doesn't work, call AOL dept and put that UDP line into subaccount and try to add new line from it.

maestroX2

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
have you done an AOL yourself? The UDP does not show on the T&C, only the name of the plan does. So the $15/mo loyalty plan will show up on the T&C but you don't see anything about data. Then when the line appears in your account, it has the same data plan. At least for now.

That is true. It will only show the minutes & txt in the AOL agreement. I've done AOL to two different accounts few times.

----------

I had the same phone on 5 lines using 5 different SIM cards.

You can do that ? Then, I'd put all the sims into old iP5c before AOL if the CSR doesn't want to give PDI.

The annoying thing abt Jules Special Plan, most of them don't have smartphones, they just want the activated Sim Card. Well, I can use one phone to activate those Sims then. :cool:

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
You can do that ? Then, I'd put all the sims into old iP5c before AOL if the CSR doesn't want to give PDI.
Yes you can but I kept all but 1 suspended w/o billing. Then I felt brave and had 2 lines with the same phone active at the same time and no problem but I didn't try to place calls to the lines so idk what would happen if you did.

The annoying thing abt Jules Special Plan, most of them don't have smartphones, they just want the activated Sim Card. Well, I can use one phone to activate those Sims then. :cool:
Yes, yes you can!!!! I have gotten a PDI every time I requested one though so I have never AOLed a line with my phone on it. I have done 8 AOLs to others now. Not near as many as some of you, but still that seems like a lot to me.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
So bummed this is coming to an end.... c'mon Verizon back track!!!! Keep the dream alive!
hahahahahahahaha!!!! I know so sad, but I am hoping it will be one of those YMMV kind of things.

Or at least hopefully they will let you AOL the lines to businesses with udp intact.

topherg

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
soCal
hahahahahahahaha!!!! I know so sad, but I am hoping it will be one of those YMMV kind of things.

Or at least hopefully they will let you AOL the lines to businesses with udp intact.

Sure hope so! Its been a hellova ride, had a lot of fun doing this. This thread has been amazing too!

hhi97

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2014
So I have a 5 line Any Mobile T&T FS plan with 3 UDPs and 2 basic phones. I pulled one of the basic phones out of the plan and made it a $45/mo UDP MHS to free up space for another UDP line. Then I merged a 450 min, payg text, UDP line from my subaccount into my Any Mobile T&T FS plan and it worked to keep UDP.

Just sayin' if you can get one of these Any Mobile T&T FS lines with UDP you can merge all of your other NW UDP lines into it and have the promo on your plan. But you have to convert them to 450 minute, payg text, UDP lines to do it.

You can't add UDP lines through apple to it, though.

Interesting, wonder if it would also let me keep the $20 T&T discount on newly merged lines...

rockstar72

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014

To port online to Page Plus, you must also buy a plan in the same order as the port request. You can choose the $10 minutes only plan or the $12 plan that also has text messages. No where online does it tell you you have to add the plan with the porting order, but it does not work without. It really was just as easy to call Page Plus to complete the port, and that's coming from someone that HATES to call.

----------

I thought I maybe able to just swap the phone online. Nope did not work. When I swap the number, it says I need to pick a new data plan. I don't think so big red.

To port the number back to Verizon, use the phone number posted here earlier. Tanks datnewguy ! It is 866-881-7165.

I used that number twice and the line retained UDP.

dealwalla

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014

Unless you called Page Plus it most likely didn't work. Here's my previous post on it: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/20308835/

You have to buy minutes in a separate transaction, get the pin for that and then call them. My experience was that they automatically cancel the online port attempt and don't let you know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.