Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HyteRaph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
Hey folks,

I am a little confused for a couple of days, because from one day toanother I was not able to connect to my OpenDirectory Master (OS X 10.8.5 Server 2.2.5) from my Clientmachine (OS X 10.8.5) with my local network account(s).

I have no idea what might have caused that problem, since I think that I did not change any essential configurations.
My DNS seems to work fine (changeip -checkhostname says nothing to change).
Up to now I have tryed various changes to my OD-service, but could not find any working solution. When I want to bind the OD on my client, I always get an error 2100 - could not connect to directory server (might differ a little, due to translation from german). A curious thing is, that on the server machine I can bind the OD-Master (like binding itself - through local IP and hostname).

The only hint I recogniced so far is the OpenDirectory/LDAP-protocoll, which gives me the following lines:

slapd[1621]: UNKNOWN attributeDescription "CLIENTSITENAME" inserted.
slapd[1621]: UNKNOWN attributeDescription "DNSDOMAINNAME" inserted.
slapd[1621]: UNKNOWN attributeDescription "DNSFORESTNAME" inserted.
I have no clue, what that means. Anyone of you maybe?

I would appreciate if you have any ideas on how to fix that problem or where to have a look on....

greetings!

*UPDATE*

I found the issue! changeip -checkhostname on my CLIENT seemed to be messed up. I repaired it using the instructions given by changeip and it works again!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.