Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoWayBehind

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2014
Rheinland Pfalz Germany
Wow

(See edit at bottom of the post)

The exact same thing happened to me is morning. Battery was 50% and this morning I can't start the thing.

I spend 50 hours working PDF's since I have this thing and now all is lost ?? I know make backups but wtf I have te iPad Air 2 for 2 weeks now, you don't expect a perfectly fine working unit to not just start in the morning after half a month. The funny thing is I read this thread just yesterday and thought to myself better make an update tomorrow. Very nice.best timing.

Frustrated right now. I will report back if resetting might help like OP has suggested......

Edit : sorry guys I panicked . All data is still here and the device works fine despite the problem. I thought it would be a factory reset. The trick worked, but it is interesting I experienced th same thing.
OP , did you switch to flight mode before locking The device ? Maybe there is a related iOS 8 bug

Last edited:

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
why do you blame the user when the problem is e.g. in software? "user quality"?? seriously? just grow up...

OPs reaction was quite huge, but the problem wasnt in the user but the device that needed extra steps to get it work again.

and you guys blame an user?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
take breath, sign online and book a genius bar appt at your local apple store.... it's just a minor setback

Agreed. Bad devices sometimes occur, it happens with all manufacturers. Take it to Apple or wherever you bought it and they will replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.