Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Today I picked up both the Beats Studio wireless and the new Bose SoundLink on-ear BT headphones. Its a bit too early to tell but so far (~6 hours of use) the Bose really sound solid. The bass is much better than any of their other products and over BT I am totally impressed. The Beats still have a bit of a muddy bass sound although not too overpowering.

The soundstage of the Bose really is more defined than the Beats. My only criticism so far is on-ear do fatigue the ears faster than over-the-ear.

OtherJesus

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2005
Bay Area, California
Just FYI, I'm afraid to tell you the only reason why you 'think' they sound good is because the headphones are applying a load of post processing to your audio signal. You're NOT hearing your music how the artist intended, you're hearing it how D.r Dre did.

If you enjoy that particular sound however, then more power to you. Im just telling you that they are not some amazing high quality headphones.

Do you feel better now, telling me that my opinion is just something I "think" and not what my ears hear? Are you claiming that Beats are the only headphones that aren't flat? Are you suggesting that everyone should have their car stereo equalized to flat? How dare anyone listen to music besides the exact way it was heard in the studio through the Neve and Yamaha speakers.

By the way, I don't own a Neve console (wish I did) but I do own those Yamaha speakers...

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
Just FYI, I'm afraid to tell you the only reason why you 'think' they sound good is because the headphones are applying a load of post processing to your audio signal. You're NOT hearing your music how the artist intended, you're hearing it how D.r Dre did.

If you enjoy that particular sound however, then more power to you. Im just telling you that they are not some amazing high quality headphones.

Do you feel better now, telling me that my opinion is just something I "think" and not what my ears hear? Are you claiming that Beats are the only headphones that aren't flat? Are you suggesting that everyone should have their car stereo equalized to flat? How dare anyone listen to music besides the exact way it was heard in the studio through the Neve and Yamaha speakers.

By the way, I don't own a Neve console (wish I did) but I do own those Yamaha speakers...

Lets number all your questions.

Question 1. Clearly you missed the part where I said 'if you enjoy that particular sound then more power to you'. Im telling how Beats headphones work, and why that because of how they work, why you would 'think' they sound amazing. And last time I checked, an opinion is what you think about something...

Question 2. Well if you can show me where exactly I said 'beats are the only headphones that aren't flat', then I would be claiming that.

Question 3. When did I mention anything about car stereos?

Sarcasm correction. How dare anyone colourise an artists sound/music and say thats how the artist intended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.