Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Retailer Wal-Mart today posted its Black Friday ad, revealing a number of deals on various Apple and Beats products for the upcoming holiday shopping season. The announcement follows the reveal of Black Friday ads from Best Buy and Target, which contained a number of deals on iPads, iPhones, and more.

Starting at 6 PM on November 27, Wal-Mart is offering the original 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad mini for $199 which also comes with a $30 gift card. Starting at 8 PM on November 27, the retailer will offer the 16GB Wi-Fi only iPad Air for $397 which also comes with a $100 gift card. Customers can also purchase the 16GB iPhone 6 at $179 and receive a $75 gift card, while the 16GB iPod touch is being offered for $195 with a $30 gift card. Additionally, a three-pack of iTunes gift cards will be on sale for $25, $5 off from the normal $30 price.

A number of Beats products are also being discounted by Wal-Mart, with the Beats by Dre Studio wireless headphones on sale for $149. Wal-Mart is also offering the Beats by Dre Drenched Solo headphones and the popular Beats Pill Bluetooth speaker for $99. All sales on Beats products start at 8 PM on November 27.

walmartblackfriday2014.jpg
For more Black Friday discounts, make sure to check our Black Friday roundup often which will be updated as more deals on Apple-related products are announced.

Article Link: Wal-Mart Offering Gift Cards with Purchase of Discounted iPads and More on Black Friday

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Studio wireless for $149 is a good deal. I would be tempted by this, anyone know if these are available online? Im not brave enough to battle a Wal-Mart BF crowd.

JuliusCaesar

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
Studio wireless for $149 is a good deal. I would be tempted by this, anyone know if these are available online? Im not brave enough to battle a Wal-Mart BF crowd.

Indeed that is very tempting, hopefully it will be online too. It will be good to know also if they are the second generation of the Studio Wireless which I believe are a bit better than the originals.

Well never mind, was checking at the ad and indeed it is the first gen Studio Wireless and it is in-store only for 1 hour guarantee.

Last edited:

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Indeed that is very tempting, hopefully it will be online too. It will be good to know also if they are the second generation of the Studio Wireless which I believe are a bit better than the originals.

Well never mind, was checking at the ad and indeed it is the first gen Studio Wireless and it is in-store only for 1 hour guarantee.

Bummer, I'm not interested in the 1st gen. I know target has the Second Gen for $50 off, but even at $329, that is pricey.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
Bummer, I'm not interested in the 1st gen. I know target has the Second Gen for $50 off, but even at $329, that is pricey.

Same here. I got excited for 2.5 seconds when I saw "wireless Studio, $149" thinking about the new gen Studios. Oh well.

----------

No it's correct. There's another page in the weekly ad with the wireless ones saying $149

And wireless Solos don't exist yet.

Edit: I guess I spoke 30 minutes too soon!

http://9to5mac.com/2014/11/12/beats-announces-solo2-wireless-headphones/

I was referring to the 1st gen. wireless Solos.

B008EQ1YWA_1.jpg

The Wal-Mart ad just says "Beats wireless headphones", doesn't specify Solo or Studio.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Same here. I got excited for 2.5 seconds when I saw "wireless Studio, $149" thinking about the new gen Studios. Oh well.

----------

I was referring to the 1st gen. wireless Solos.

The Wal-Mart ad just says "Beats wireless headphones", doesn't specify Solo or Studio.

Oh, I didnt reaize they made a first gen solos. Never mind then. And the ad says $130 savings, so it's probably the solos.

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
Those are not Studios just wireless, main difference is no noise cancelling!!

There's a couple of possibilities here:

1. You mean you don't just turn it up so loud you can't hear anything else?

2. Is the noise-canelling to cancel out jackhammers, or the "music" that's playing?

:)

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
No Apple Pay support? Sorry, Staples and Office Depot are offering competitve sales and support Apple Pay, so no thanks Walmart. Hope that CurrentC thing works for you - he says as he walks away laughing hysterically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.