Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
I have a 16 GB black 6 Plus, restored and set up as new. Here are the settings I have:

Bluetooth off
Siri off
Push for iCloud and Mail off
Location services off
Background app refresh off
Automatic time zone off
Spotlight search off
Reduce motion on

I have no games installed on my phone. I surf the web, go on Twitter, and text. I was getting 10 hours of use with location services, siri, time zone, and spotlight search on, but I had to restore due to a problem, and I am getting the same amount of usage with them off. It feels like I should get more. Can anyone help with suggestions as to what may be wrong?

Last edited:

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I have a 16 GB black 6 Plus, restored and set up as new. Here are the settings I have:

Bluetooth off
Siri off
Push for iCloud and Mail off
Location services off
Background app refresh off
Automatic time zone off
Spotlight search off
Reduce motion on

I have no games installed on my phone. I surf the web, go on Twitter, and text. I was getting 10 hours of use with location services, siri, time zone, and spotlight search on, but I had to restore due to a problem, and I am getting the same amount of usage with them off. It feels like I should get more. Can anyone help with suggestions as to what may be wrong?

With everything on except for Background App refresh and Time Zone, I got 9 hours and 28 minutes of usage during the last cycle.

utahman130

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
With everything on except for Background App refresh and Time Zone, I got 9 hours and 28 minutes of usage during the last cycle.

Same with me, so I tried turning them off to see if I could get more out of my battery, but so far, nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.