Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
So I'm switching over to tmobile from att. apparently I can only do 5 unlocks per year. so I'm unlocking 6+, 5s, 4s, 4 (my brother's phone) definitely. the question is, for the 5th unlock should I do 3gs or the original iphone?

Honey Badger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2011
So I'm switching over to tmobile from att. apparently I can only do 5 unlocks per year. so I'm unlocking 6+, 5s, 4s, 4 (my brother's phone) definitely. the question is, for the 5th unlock should I do 3gs or the original iphone?

The number 5 is bad luck in the unlocking tech world, so I would just skip the 5th unlock altogether. Hope that helps. ;)

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
Personally I would unlock the original iPhone over the 3Gs. I think it has the the potential to be a collectors item someday!

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
As someone noted, I would definitely unlock the 3GS, it may be worth something one day, and it'd be nice for the buyer if it were unlocked. I recently purchased a 3GS for $20.00. Can't wait to receive it from my co-worker once she receives her 6.

2cents.jpg

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Okay, I'm curious. Why use all of them?

because I want to use em one day once I'm at tmobile.

/pay Appl3FTW .02

- Steve

lulz I see what u did there...

Personally I would unlock the original iPhone over the 3Gs. I think it has the the potential to be a collectors item someday!

I know that's what I was thinking.

Do you accept PayPal?

yes I do.. haha. :cool:

As someone noted, I would definitely unlock the 3GS, it may be worth something one day, and it'd be nice for the buyer if it were unlocked. I recently purchased a 3GS for $20.00. Can't wait to receive it from my co-worker once she receives her 6.

oh man.. :cool::cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.