Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
A 13" iPad would be unquestionably awesome....the price probably not so much...

It'll be like the 6 plus all over again-demand will outpace supply because everyone secretly wants a huge iPad, but said they didn't see the point.

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State
I would watch media on it. I would draw on it. I would read on it. I would show stuff on it. I would use it as a digital picture frame. I would use it to control programs. I would play music on it. I would write on it. I would surf the Internet on it. And call it George. Because it is bigger. I need a bigger, thinner iSlab...

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
A 13" iPad would be unquestionably awesome....the price probably not so much...

It'll be like the 6 plus all over again-demand will outpace supply because everyone secretly wants a huge iPad, but said they didn't see the point.

It is not the same case.

Many people complained that the iPhone was too small. Nobody complained that the big iPad was too small. They complained that the iPad was too big and so Apple released the iPad mini.

Last edited:

Fairchild

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2011
It is not the same case.

Many people complained that the iPhone was too small. Nobody complained that the big iPad is too small. They complained the the iPad was too big and so Apple released the iPad mini.

i think it was more a matter of weight than size. Also the 2-4th generations weren't comfortable enough to hold without a case.

handsome pete

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2008
The Jetsons didn't use keyboards and 2-button mice did they? I think they used just their voices and digits. :apple:

The Jetsons are also a 1960's version of the future.

But to answer the original question, the iPad pro will only interest me if it runs OSX and has a digitizer.

TheSwede

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2012
I never use my iPad outside of my home, but I love big screens and would get a bigger iPad in an heartbeat!

I'm sure there's a huge market for a large iPad and Apple knows It. I just hope we get to see the darn thing soon!

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
It is not the same case.

Many people complained that the iPhone was too small. Nobody complained that the big iPad was too small. They complained that the iPad was too big and so Apple released the iPad mini.

Not exactly, I know. However, the regular iPhone 6 fulfilled that burning need for a bigger iPhone, and then the the 6 plus took it one step further into the "phablet" territory. I don't remember too many people preemptively demanding an iPhone phablet or anything more than what the 6 is, but collectively we scrambled to buy the 6 plus until it became scarce.

I do believe they'll do well to release an even larger iPad, especially if it it packs on a higher resolution for some real added screen real estate. That would make it much more viable as a professional device for design/document editing.

If it's 2048 x 1536, just blown up, that will be a shame.

HolyGrail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
Planet Earth
For me, the point would choices. Everyone doesn't think the way you think. I myself would love a 25 inch or larger ipad, or an ipad table.

mattoligy

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2010
Cloud 9
For me, the point would choices. Everyone doesn't think the way you think. I myself would love a 25 inch or larger ipad, or an ipad table.

You could just build a 50" led tv in to a table and hook an iPad up to it via an av lead lol

However it wouldn't be touchscreen unless you could fab some kind of digitizer on top of the tv, laminate over it with glass and develop a jailbreak app to recognise the input :p

Robotti

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
I would watch media on it. I would draw on it. I would read on it. I would show stuff on it. I would use it as a digital picture frame. I would use it to control programs. I would play music on it. I would write on it. I would surf the Internet on it. And call it George. Because it is bigger. I need a bigger, thinner iSlab...

This. Plus, I would read a ton of magazines on it, just the way the postman meant them to be read. Oh, actually he already said it.
I'm also eager to see what Adobe will come up with, once a bigger iPad is available to their customer base.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.