Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Awesome

BWglcdM.png

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
How well does it actually work? What about batty life? Is it something you'd keep on your phone? Just curious to hear from someone who's been using it.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
How well does it actually work? What about batty life? Is it something you'd keep on your phone? Just curious to hear from someone who's been using it.

It works very well. I have not seen any battery performance issues. There are a couple of minor annoyances/bugs when exiting a aeternum. Sometimes the dock disappears and requires a respring to fix.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
It works fine. But it works horribly. Let me explain.

As a tweak it works very well. Smooth, centering of icons, etc.

As a usable interface on a oh one? It's a huge step back vs the standard design (it's near impossible to find apps quickly). Luckily you can switch in and out of it at will with a triple click if you have Activator installed. It's just fun to show off, but not practical at all.

iPadztr

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Pluto avenue
it's not practical if you have hundreds of apps, but still cool that you get to play around with it before the iWatch. Suprisingly smooth and havent run to any bugs yet. I have 30+ apps and 5 of them are widely used daily.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
I have had ZERO issues with Aeternum. I have about 25 apps installed, 10 of which I used on a regular basis and haven't found any problems putting them in a location easily accessible. It makes my 6 Plus feel like an all new device honestly.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone use it on there ipap? It says works, but with bugs. I tried the new Watchboard on my ipad and its cool, but the right 2 inches or do of the screen doesn't work on the springboard. Same in landscape and portrait.

1341cae62338602ea0e94a86e748ca97_zpsd8af90df.jpg

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Anyone use it on there ipap? It says works, but with bugs. I tried the new Watchboard on my ipad and its cool, but the right 2 inches or do of the screen doesn't work on the springboard. Same in landscape and portrait.

Trying Aeternum on my iPad, seems pretty good so far. Seems like it makes all my icons appear even though I'm using HideMe8. But so far so good.

Thrower

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2014
Aeturnum

So I tried on my iPad and my iPhone and Arthurnum is under settings and set to on but nothing loads and no aeturnum them... Do I have to change anything in activator? Thanks

Batman89

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
I had Aeternum for about two days. The tweak itself works great, no crashes, no noticeable drain on battery life, worked smooth.

But it's missing a few features to make it usable. First, it needs folder support. I don't need my "Find My iPhone" app on the homescreen itself. It's not that important, it belongs in a folder.

Secondly, I hide a LOT of apps via Springtomize (Stocks, Tips, etc.) but Aeternum displays them all, leaving me with a bunch of apps clogging the Springboard that I'm never going to use, and this makes it harder to find the app you're looking for because there's more apps to have to look through.

Folders support, hiding icons, and Aternum is killer.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I had Aeternum for about two days. The tweak itself works great, no crashes, no noticeable drain on battery life, worked smooth.

But it's missing a few features to make it usable. First, it needs folder support. I don't need my "Find My iPhone" app on the homescreen itself. It's not that important, it belongs in a folder.

Secondly, I hide a LOT of apps via Springtomize (Stocks, Tips, etc.) but Aeternum displays them all, leaving me with a bunch of apps clogging the Springboard that I'm never going to use, and this makes it harder to find the app you're looking for because there's more apps to have to look through.

Folders support, hiding icons, and Aternum is killer.

Totally agree. I still don't think I'd use it on my phone, but I enjoy it on my ipad. But I hate seeing every icon I never use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.