Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snowboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Sorry, there is just no other way to describe it.
6+ is simply impossible to use. Trying to answer a call and you struggle
where/how to hold it so you could hear anything. Terrible.
A two hand operation for anything. No improvements of any kind over
the 5s as far as speed or anything really.
Both models are slippery as hell and no way to put any case on top of
the already giant size or it will be bigger than a tablet. 6 is barely pocketable.
Camera is much worse in both, all the pictures are some smudged blurry impressions
rather than the crisp sharp pictures. Videos seem way more grainy, also
in the so much advertised low light.
iOS 8 is as cr@ppy as all the previous versions, there is nothing
which would see any significant improvements. iTunes is still there
to communicate between your Mac and your iPhone which is the worst possible way.
No file structure outside of the “iDrive” which is as “great” as anything
iCloud related. Try to sync your pictures, good luck. It’s been YEARS
and the awful iCloud hasn’t improved at all. Seriously, you can’t hire
any smart people with all the billions you have?
It’s tragic. I knew all this and I still got those 2 stupid phones.
Gave them my money again. I’m an idiot. Thought that free iMessages with
other iPhone users and my old “unlimited” plan are worth keeping.
Swear to god, never again. Promise.

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Personally I think you are the terrible decision maker for getting both phones.

I agree with you when it comes to iCloud and iTunes. They're both garbage. Idk about iOS 8 but iOS 7 is the most beautiful and smooth phone os I could hope for.

And any pocket where the 5s will fit fine, the 6 will fit just fine too.

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Consider selling the phones or returning them. You aren't being forced to keep or use them.

Nothing is perfect -- iOS 8 has quite a few bugs, but I think these iPhones are awesome. Many are happy with them. You aren't, so consider looking elsewhere.

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
I don't find the 6 slippery to hold in fact I think its the best feeling iPhone ever.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I've owned every iPhone since 2007 launch day and agree with the op that the 6/6+ are garbage phones. Keeping my 5S until it literally dies.

HolyGrail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
Planet Earth
Not understanding on why you feel the need in informing us. I don't feel the need in informing the forum of why I hate rice krispies, nor do I think they would care.

You probably should just stop buying phones until 2025. Until then, you won't be happy.

Last edited:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I own both and while I greatly prefer the 6 over the 6 Plus, I find them to be very good.

My 6 is what I had hoped the 5 would be.

If I were you I would have returned them and already be using something else. Beware as all the decent phones are on the larger size these days so there will be little escaping that.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
Okay. They are not for everyone so enjoy whatever phone you use instead. I will still be enjoying my 6.

mgs315

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
I see you like dressing your opinions as fact.

Sell up, buy something else. Everyone is happy (just like I am with my 6+).

snowboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Sell them and get an Android. Problem solved. Simple. Bye.

I would, but the problem is I simply don't know anything about Android
and I'm afraid it could be even worse. Although the new 1+ phone looks great.
It's hard to switch when you're surrounded by Macs. It's kind of like
having a terrible job, but being afraid to quit, you know what I mean?
Until now there was no alternative, at least that's how I felt...

----------

Read the op's other posts, then you'll realise he has been Apple bashing for some time now.

Bashing? Not, being very critical - yes. A great company went downhill
and I really don't care how high the stock is. They stopped caring about
great products, milking is all they do...

AirThis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2012

The iPhone 6 is unsatisfactory according to your evaluation. So why not try something else? You don't have much to lose in my opinion. I've been tempted by an Android device. Lollipop actually has some interesting features. If I were unhappy with the iOS ecosystem and hardware, I think I'd take the plunge. The transition might be rough, but it could be rewarding. And, if you change your mind in 2 years, you'll know why you're using an iPhone again...

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's like the trolls aren't even trying to be subtle anymore.

You could've at least added something about Bendgate, or DyeGate. Maybe MemoryGate. Come on OP you have to do better.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
and I'm afraid it could be even worse.

Give Android a shot. Seriously, it isn't hard to to find reviews and other users out there who run Android daily. It's a very good OS, user base alone should be proof.

I can understand not wanting to risk the investment, but then again you can find a decent, recent Android phone for cheap just to try out as well. Moto G LTE comes to mind.

Registering your complaints on Macrumors isn't going to do **** for you. Get out there and find something that you like.

adam1314

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
St. Louis

----------

You should definitely try a high end Android phone (Note 4, LG G3, S5, Nexus 6). Once you have tried the competition it will give you an appreciation for your iPhone 6 and 6 plus. Or you will prefer Android and move on. I love both iOS and Android but always end up coming back to my iPhone. We are living in the golden age of smartphones enjoy choice!

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
What a strange thread. Wouldn't this be a more cathartic rant if you posted it on an Android forum?

Posting it here is about as useful as going to a steakhouse to complain about steak.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Sorry, there is just no other way to describe it.
6+ is simply impossible to use. Trying to answer a call and you struggle
where/how to hold it so you could hear anything. Terrible.
A two hand operation for anything. No improvements of any kind over
the 5s as far as speed or anything really.
Both models are slippery as hell and no way to put any case on top of
the already giant size or it will be bigger than a tablet. 6 is barely pocketable.
Camera is much worse in both, all the pictures are some smudged blurry impressions
rather than the crisp sharp pictures. Videos seem way more grainy, also
in the so much advertised low light.
iOS 8 is as cr@ppy as all the previous versions, there is nothing
which would see any significant improvements. iTunes is still there
to communicate between your Mac and your iPhone which is the worst possible way.
No file structure outside of the “iDrive” which is as “great” as anything
iCloud related. Try to sync your pictures, good luck. It’s been YEARS
and the awful iCloud hasn’t improved at all. Seriously, you can’t hire
any smart people with all the billions you have?
It’s tragic. I knew all this and I still got those 2 stupid phones.
Gave them my money again. I’m an idiot. Thought that free iMessages with
other iPhone users and my old “unlimited” plan are worth keeping.
Swear to god, never again. Promise.

Sucks you have a defective iPhone 6 with a bad camera, I am beyond enjoying the best smartphone camera on the planet right now and I have taken some incredible shots with my 6 Plus so far, go try an Android phone then where the cameras arent as good

----------

Give Android a shot. Seriously, it isn't hard to to find reviews and other users out there who run Android daily. It's a very good OS, user base alone should be proof.

I can understand not wanting to risk the investment, but then again you can find a decent, recent Android phone for cheap just to try out as well. Moto G LTE comes to mind.

Registering your complaints on Macrumors isn't going to do **** for you. Get out there and find something that you like.

Android has its userbase because it is cheap, not because it is so incredible and amazing, 66% of Android devices are 2011 era hardware spec devices, Android's marketshare is so high because it is cheap (majority of Android marketshare is low end devices, the ones with low specs and very cheap, which hey is actually extremely good for the developing world...but it still comes with outdated OS too..)

packers85

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
Sucks you have a defective iPhone 6 with a bad camera, I am beyond enjoying the best smartphone camera on the planet right now and I have taken some incredible shots with my 6 Plus so far, go try an Android phone then where the cameras arent as good

I don't think you notice the bad camera to be honest. I tested out several 6's and pluses in the Apple Store and they all have a problem with noise reduction. In some pictures, it is hardly noticeable, in others, well, it looks terrible. Once you see the smudgy/oil painting effect for the first time, you can't help but see it in just about every photo you've taken.

I had my phone for 3 weeks before I noticed there was something wrong with it. After testing some friends' and co-workers' phones out, and going to the Apple Store to test theirs, I knew it wasn't just my camera, there is something wrong with the software/camera that is creating images that aren't as good as the 5s in a lot of similar lighting conditions. I ended up returning my 6 for a 5s because I don't trust Apple to fix the problem in a timely manner, if at all.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
6 or 6+ - they are both terrible

----------

Android has its userbase because it is cheap, not because it is so incredible and amazing, 66% of Android devices are 2011 era hardware spec devices, Android's marketshare is so high because it is cheap (majority of Android marketshare is low end devices, the ones with low specs and very cheap, which hey is actually extremely good for the developing world...but it still comes with outdated OS too..)

Never said it was "incredible and amazing". It does however, simply work as a daily driver for a lot of people. There's no denying that. But go ahead and erase the success of Google with your Apple colored glasses. We're in Macrumors after all.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
…Idk about iOS 8 but iOS 7 is the most beautiful and smooth phone os I could hope for.
Sorry. I have to disagree here.

iOS 7 is the worst FisherPrice/Playschool inspired, unicorn color spewing version of iOS I have used so far.

If there was any way to get my jailbroken iPhone 5 on 7.1.2 back to the iOS 6.1 I had to give up I would do it.

Unfortunately, Apple's engorgement on and overemphasis of primary colors (thanks, I've got two kids and don't need more primary colors) continues unabated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.