Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

porcus-belle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
British Columbia
Until yesterday I was happily using Gmail for years with Safari (Version 6.0.5) on my macBook Pro (OS X version 10.8.5). Then all of a sudden, as soon as I open Gmail, Safari crashes. This is not happening with other applications and, also, it does not happen when I open the same Gmail in Firefox (although I have lots of other reasons not to use Firefox).

When the crash occurs I get a very long message of technical stuff that means nothing to me. It says that the problem is being automatically sent to Apple and I have added comments to that but no guidance back as yet.

I am trying to attach the many pages of that technical data. Any comments and advice much appreciated.

Attachments

• Message when Gmail crashes Safari.pdf
    189.9 KB · Views: 444

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Until yesterday I was happily using Gmail for years with Safari (Version 6.0.5) on my macBook Pro (OS X version 10.8.5). Then all of a sudden, as soon as I open Gmail, Safari crashes.
Turn off your Safari extensions, then reset Safari, clearing your cookies and cache. Now try again and see if it crashes.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
GGJstudios - thanks. I followed the directions, turning of extensions, clearing and resetting but same outcome.
Create another user account on your Mac. Then log into that account, launch Safari and see if you get the same results.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.