Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
my previous iphone was so overloaded with tweaks, apps...weirdness. i promised that this time i'd keep it simple...which i did. for less than a week.

now i keep adding things. i LIKE doing that. i've had to delete a few apps that didn't work right, or caused conflicts. but i keep at it...and will, until something bad happens... :cool:

so i cross the line between things i think i really NEED, to just...lots of things.

anyone else?

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
not me since im not a themer kind of guy... i only use tweaks and apps that i want to improve my usage for.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
my previous iphone was so overloaded with tweaks, apps...weirdness. i promised that this time i'd keep it simple...which i did. for less than a week.

now i keep adding things. i LIKE doing that. i've had to delete a few apps that didn't work right, or caused conflicts. but i keep at it...and will, until something bad happens... :cool:

so i cross the line between things i think i really NEED, to just...lots of things.

anyone else?

It sounds like you have the same feelings as most of us. It's less about what you need to get out of the device, and more about having the choice and freedom to tweak as you please. Apple is slowly caving to those wanting choice (6 vs 6+), but they have a long way to go... and until they get to an open system (guessing never), we'll always feel the need to jailbreak.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I jailbreak to gain the device I want to use in the way I want to use it and the way I want it to look.

When I have achieved those objectives I stop. One of the reasons it pained me so much to lose iOS 6 and my jailbreak on iOS 6. I had my phone exactly as I wanted it.

I'm close to that with the jailbreak in iOS 7, but I still lack the same look I had in iOS 6.

If Apple were to magically give me the option to downgrade to iOS 6 I'd take it.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I am too worried about batterylife with cydia tweaks so I try to keep it below my reasonable 5 tweaks

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
I have an addiction, bad! I have over 80 tweaks that I installed on my iPhone 5. I recently sold it and I'm waiting for my iPhone 6 to arrive and using a cheap ****** phone in the meantime.

It's killing me! :confused:

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I jailbreak to gain the device I want to use in the way I want to use it and the way I want it to look.

When I have achieved those objectives I stop. One of the reasons it pained me so much to lose iOS 6 and my jailbreak on iOS 6. I had my phone exactly as I wanted it.

I'm close to that with the jailbreak in iOS 7, but I still lack the same look I had in iOS 6.

If Apple were to magically give me the option to downgrade to iOS 6 I'd take it.

jb'ing on ios8 is SO MUCH BETTER than ios6 (which my previous phone, a 4S, was on). i spent SO MUCH TIME tweaking things, ssh'ing in revised images, files... it was a lot of work, and i had it just where i wanted it.

but change is good. i have 8 apps installed (vs 20 in ios6!); no crashes (yet), so def more stable. some great possibilities to go with the newer features in ios8.

my phone has a new look, new tweaks, and am happy... :D

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
jb'ing on ios8 is SO MUCH BETTER than ios6 (which my previous phone, a 4S, was on). i spent SO MUCH TIME tweaking things, ssh'ing in revised images, files... it was a lot of work, and i had it just where i wanted it.

but change is good. i have 8 apps installed (vs 20 in ios6!); no crashes (yet), so def more stable. some great possibilities to go with the newer features in ios8.

my phone has a new look, new tweaks, and am happy... :D
If I had a new phone, I'd jailbreak iOS 8 and take it from there…for that new phone. But I have decided against iOS 8 for my iPhone 5, even though in the past I've mentioned I would update.

I have again managed to get to a spot where I am comfortable. Not happy, like with iOS 6, but at least my jailbreak has managed to force a truce with iOS 7 and it's color spewing inanities. With all that is not working on iOS 8, I'm just not ready to do the tweaking/troubleshooting/like/no like/install/uninstall/wait for update dance thing.

Willing to do it on a new phone, but not on this one.

Just my current thinking.

----------

Dang it op, you made eyoungren mention ios 6 again. :D
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

Did I mention I hate iOS 7's FisherPrice/Playschool color scheme, LOL!!!! :D

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA

Me too, my brother. Me too.
(I'd love the see iOS6 on an iP6. I know that's impossible- even if iOS6 was opened up, but still would be cool.)

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Me too, my brother. Me too.
(I'd love the see iOS6 on an iP6. I know that's impossible- even if iOS6 was opened up, but still would be cool.)

i SO don't understand that. i went from ios6 on a 4S to ios8 on a 5S...the stock OS is SO much better than 6; better looking, better in how it works. there's NOTHING i miss about ios6.

i was very happy with my JB phone before, but am even happier now. better tweaks working with a better OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.