Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleUser13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2014
P.A. USA
Sari is decideing to go off on me at random times. I was in my room and had my phone out on my stand and it went off so I walked out of my room to get it and nothing was off her bumped it. Anyone have problems?? I really don't think it's a problem but I was just wondering.

ETA: I'm learning disabled also.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
It's probably because "Hey Siri" is on. When plugged in you can just say "hey Siri" and she will reply. I bet Siri is thinking it hears that phrase so it's going off. If you go into Settings>General>Siri>Allow Hey Siri, you can turn off that function.

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
It has creeped me out more than once. One time the song I was listening to said "who are you?" And she said "Siri" .

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
When it's plugged in and "Hey, Siri" is enabled it can get invoked by accident pretty easily. I tend to plug mine in to charge while playing a podcast through the phone's speakers and Siri will get invoked at least once a day by the audio coming from the phone itself. Pretty funny. No doubt this is something Apple needs to refine.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Siri has real problem with my accent so she's off all the time! :D

I don't have much of an accent (unless you consider a bland Oregon accent an accent) and Siri often has trouble understanding the most basic commands I give her, so I'd suggest that the problem is with the software, not you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.