Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mike828

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
The game often does not recognize my touches. I am trying to figure out if the problem is my iPad, iOS 8.1, or the game. Anyone with the game experiencing this problem?

My other apps seem to be fine in terms of touch responsiveness.

Thanks.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
I do not have the game, but have you noticed the responsiveness issues anywhere else. I just got my Air 2 yesterday and I notice that it is incredibly responsive. It sounds like there could be an issue with the iPad.

mike828

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
It seems fine in other apps. I read a few days ago that someone else had a similar problem with this game. But, I can't figure out where I read that.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
It seems fine in other apps. I read a few days ago that someone else had a similar problem with this game. But, I can't figure out where I read that.

Ok well then I probably wouldn't worry. Maybe all it needs is a new patch or something.

millar876

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2004
Kilmarnock, Scotland UK
I think it's an issue with tapped out. I've been playing this game for ages and on various different phones and with each of them and on various iPads touch recognition is rubbish and inacurate. I mostly notice it when trying to select things to move and even zoomed all the way in a tap in the Center of the screen can select something off toward the edge. Can't say for iPad air 2, but ipad 1, iPad 4, iPad Air, iphone 4, 4s, 5 and 6plus and my sister in laws nexus 7 touches can be totally random.

Release

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2012
I'm not sure what it is.

When I play it using my finger, I'm having to tap a few times to get things to respond.

But when I use it with a stylus (bamboo), I don't have that issue. It seems to respond to even a light tap with that.

eldersi

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
Lancaster, PA
I'm having the same issue with Tapped Out. Trying to make a character do a task is nerving. Tap the task button several times until it registers. Although it looks as if the button recognizes the tap (changes color). I did not have the issue with my iPad Air or iPhone 6... (iOS 8.1) Just with the iPad Air 2. I'm gonna try to uninstall Tapped Out and reinstall it.

The game often does not recognize my touches. I am trying to figure out if the problem is my iPad, iOS 8.1, or the game. Anyone with the game experiencing this problem?

My other apps seem to be fine in terms of touch responsiveness.

Thanks.

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
Don't play this game, but have had issues with other games on my Air 2 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Out of the many games on both, only a couple have touch screen issues. The game will start but won't respond to any touches. Other than games, all other app work fine as does navigating iOS. Seems that some games need updating due to compatibility issues with iOS 8.

One game I like that hasn't even been updated for the 4" screen is geoDefense, worked great on my old rMini and iPhone 5s but since updating to iOS 8 it now just loads to a black screen with only the audio running. Doesn't work on my Air 2 or 6+ due to iOS 8 either.

Seriously doubt it will ever be updated again, last update was Jan 2011 :(

DavesIknow

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2012
Canada
You are not crazy. I noticed this exact same thing. Every other game was perfect, including family guy quest for stuff. Go to tapped out and it was unplayable. Not IOS 8 issue. On an iPad 4 with IOS 8 it ran fine. They need to fix it.

marky-uk

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
I've played this game daily for over two years. I've also bought every iPad since first release.

I've now stopped playing this game simply because of this tapping issue - it is so annoying.

Would love to know when this is fixed. I can gladly test as betas are ready.

Mark

Andydigital

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2013
Crapped Out has been like that for years, it did the same thing on iOS6 I think, it's the app itself that's crap and won't respond to taps ironically, it's one of the reasons I finally gave it the boot, deleted it and never played it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.