Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Try calling your carrier. it may just apply to landlines but when I had a landline before I went to just my cell, I had that option on my house phone.

Do you have verizon by any chance? Not sure if this works but

http://www.ehow.com/how_5882329_block-unknown-callers-verizon-wireless.html

Instructions
Navigate to vzw.com. Click "Sign In" in the upper right corner of the page. Log in to your Verizon Wireless account using your username or wireless phone number and online password.

Select your phone number from the list if your account's phone numbers. You'll find this list under "My Cell." Click "Go."

Click "Verizon Safeguards" in the menu on the left-hand side of the page, then click "Parental Controls."

Click the tab marked "Usage Controls." Scroll down until you see the menu for "Blocked Numbers." Click on "Blocked Numbers."

Click on "Add Blocks." Select the box next to "Restricted, Unavailable, and Private Numbers" and click "Ad

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_5882329_block-unknown-callers-verizon-wireless.html#ixzz2un90qQbj
Yeah it seems at least with Verizon by using their Usage Controls service for $5/month this kind of functionality can be enabled.

drasticv

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2014
donotcall.gov works?

I signed up on donotcall.gov and I still got a call from "No Caller ID"! The website says to report it if they do call. How do you report it if there's no number?

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
I signed up on donotcall.gov and I still got a call from "No Caller ID"! The website says to report it if they do call. How do you report it if there's no number?

You can't. You can only report actual phone numbers that are visible to you.

I got a spate of Caller ID "Out of Area" calls last week - more than a dozen over 3 days - which I let go to my answering machine and of course there was no message. Finally I got pissed and picked up one call intending to blast the caller. It was one of those "I am from Microsoft Windows and we can see that you are having a problem with Windows on your computer" calls. HA! I called the guy a liar & a criminal, told him to stop calling and haven't been bothered since. :rolleyes:

shoes1and2

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2014
No Caller ID solutions

I did sign up for paid services at TrapCall for $4.95 per month to see the non visible phone number that has been harassing me. So far so good. I plan to cancel before my 30 days is up but well worth the money to stop the calls. I hope this works for you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.