Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrice13

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
Okay thanks! Now I'm playing the waiting game. Did you receive a call or just email for the offer?

My recruiter gave me a call and outlined everything pending the BCG.. been waiting on that to finish for a week now.. getting anxious for it to be official!

jatt123

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield,CA
Nice! I hope everything flows well for you! I had FaceTime interview Wednesday and I'm waiting for the call, hopefully I get a call Monday or Tuesday!

jrice13

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
Nice! I hope everything flows well for you! I had FaceTime interview Wednesday and I'm waiting for the call, hopefully I get a call Monday or Tuesday!

Did my paperwork call and get my official documents Dec. 2 for a start date of Jan. 5th! If you're in my training class hit me with the PM and we can start a group message or something!

jatt123

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield,CA
Did my paperwork call and get my official documents Dec. 2 for a start date of Jan. 5th! If you're in my training class hit me with the PM and we can start a group message or something!

Yeah I'm in January 5th class! I'm getting my paperwork on Dec 2nd! Im excited!!

Lina87

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2013
Really?? I have been working for Apple for over a year now and still love, have loved it from the beginning. Not sure which job you do but I do iTunes chat so maybe that's why? I think it depends on what position you're in as well. I don't plan on going anywhere for a long time! :apple::apple::apple:

From the training to my manager I love all of it.

Working at Apple as an AHA is not what some may think or expect.
In fact, Apple is more geared toward the customer than the employee.

If you are a customer you should expect great things from Apple; that is not only a testament to the product line, but also how Apple employees are trained.

However, as a current Apple Employee it is my honest opinion that Apple sucks on the employee front.

jatt123

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2011
Fairfield,CA
Just got my paperwork!! It says for one year agreement. I know in order to be extended they look at performance. But do they usually extend it? I want to work for Apple as long as possible.

juria1419

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2014
Hi all.

I`m new to this forum but I have been reading for all 78 pages just like you guys lol I just got official offer for AHA!! Just waiting for new hiring phone session. I would like to know about scheduling and time off holidays.
I`m so happy that I got this position but I would like to know certain things.:)

1 How often does schedule change? I understand that you won`t have weekend off unless its you assigned.

2 Can you get PAID holiday off or if you work on holiday (your regular shift) do you get double pay or time and half? (holiday rate) How hard to get holiday off?

3 If you work on holidays, will you get extra day off later that day?

BITEMEAPPLESIGN

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
Just got my paperwork!! It says for one year agreement. I know in order to be extended they look at performance. But do they usually extend it? I want to work for Apple as long as possible.
I'll say this.

Not even 85% of my original team did. I won't say if I did, or not.

Jaymela15

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2014
Help!!!!!!!

:mad: OK I HAVE APPLIED TO APPLE AT HOME 5 TIMES, AND NO RESPONSE OR NOTHING. EVERY WEEK I AM FOLLOWING THIS POST SO YESTERDAY, I ACTUALLY STARTED FROM DAY ONE AND WENT ALL THE WAY TO THE END. CAN I SAY, YOU GUYS ROCK AND MOTIVATED ME TO TRY AGAIN. WHEN I WENT INTO MY PROFILE I REALIZED I HAD THE WRONG AREA CODE AND ALSO I READ THAT IT WOULD HELP IF I HAD A COVER LETTER, SO I AM WORKING ON THAT NOW. MY QUESTIONS IS, DO I APPLY TO AS MANY LOCATIONS AS POSSIBLE AND CHECK ALL THE KNOWLEDGE OF ME KNOWING ABOUT COMPUTERS OR NO. I REALLY WANT THIS JOB, I HEARD KELLY HIRE FOR APPLE AS WELL....IN HELP IS APPRECIATED, I WILL NOT GIVE UP ON APPLE.....I WILL KEEP APPLYING TILL THEY SAY YES. HELP HELP HELP;) THANK YOU

flyteknatural

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Hardware For At home advisor

Hello ALL!!! You guys rock, and give awesome advise. Question. What exactly is the hardware requirements for the at home advisor position. I have my second interview coming up. i was told that is has to hardwired, or plugged directly in to a modem, not wifi. The thing is, is that my Mom works from home too. So, does it have to be plugged right in to the wall, or can i just get a super long cord from the modem, to the other office in the house? I would have to add an extra phone line too with no additions? (call waiting, etc) Please help me to understand. Thank you.

wongster

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
I just had my second interview today. From what they were telling me, it has to be hardwired to a router. Calls are through VOIP. Hope I get selected for the third interview. Won't know until next week.

JonSnowKnows

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2014
I helped my boyfriend apply for a WAH position with Apple. It was sometime last month. I'm heartbroken he hasn't heard back from them. He already works at home.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on what more he can do? It's been well over a month. Is this atypical?

flyteknatural

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Internet going down...

Question for someone currently in a At Home Advisor position, what happens if your internet goes down? Do you have to get a business line? i know with residential service they have no obligation to get it up and running. If there's a bad storm, or just a general outage. Vs. business services they are obligated via contract to get the internet back as soon as they can. Is Apple flexible with internet issues?

----------

I just had my second interview today. From what they were telling me, it has to be hardwired to a router. Calls are through VOIP. Hope I get selected for the third interview. Won't know until next week.

Hope you do awesome on your interview!!

natanis

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2014
Just wondering

When looking at the job postings on the apple page, would chat support be listed differently?

Or is it all just listed under AHA and they decide during the interview/review process?

Thank you for any help available :) and happy holidays!

Gourami

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2014
Any one starting on feb 16 Spanish crew by the way how long did background take for some of you.

Internet connections)if it something like support.com they know that internet or electricity can go down so don't sweat it. Regular internet is fine.

For me I apply in August and got call in October had the job for November but had vacation plan out then they called me back in December and now I start in Feb so it can take sometime to get that first call.

Last edited:

Gourami

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2014
For scheaual it's going to be all on metrics best metrics goes first then so on. Holiday there called floating holiday means you take them when you want but there is a catch major holidays are black listed so you can't request them but if you are top 10% there is exceptions.

----------

I been reading but it's weird for me I got the offer call first and start date then told I be fetching a email for hireright the next day For BGC wich I recieve I'm still waiting for it to complete. Is there another offer or just a welcome package.

flyteknatural

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Any one starting on feb 16 Spanish crew by the way how long did background take for some of you.

Internet connections)if it something like support.com they know that internet or electricity can go down so don't sweat it. Regular internet is fine.

For me I apply in August and got call in October had the job for November but had vacation plan out then they called me back in December and now I start in Feb so it can take sometime to get that first call.

...My background check only took a couple of days. It shouldn't take that long. Thank you for the info.

----------

When looking at the job postings on the apple page, would chat support be listed differently?

Or is it all just listed under AHA and they decide during the interview/review process?

Thank you for any help available :) and happy holidays!

I believe it's now all under AHA.

voigtstr

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
applied for IOS AHA in Australia

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your interest in Apple.

You have successfully submitted your CV for:

At Home Advisor - Applecare (AUS) (Hobart)

A recruiter will review your qualifications and contact you if you're a potential match for the position(s).

Regards,

Apple Worldwide Recruiting

Every day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do?

flyteknatural

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2014
Hello Simon,

Thanks for your interest in Apple.

You have successfully submitted your CV for:

At Home Advisor - Applecare (AUS) (Hobart)

A recruiter will review your qualifications and contact you if you're a potential match for the position(s).

Regards,

Apple Worldwide Recruiting

Every day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do?

Congrats hope all goes well for you

Nobjoblin

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2015
Worried BGC

So I was a freelance writer for a company called Patch.com and I put the in the previous employment section. I started BGC on Dec. 29th and received an email from Hireright to get info from my previous employer, since Patch.com paid me from PayPal I called them for a copy of my payment information from Patch.com. I'm so scared because they have to mail it and it's going to take 72hrs to receive. Should I be stressing or what is that to long to make Hireright wait? Thanks for all the posts by the way it's nice to know if I do get the job I'll have a community to discuss things with. Also anyone know what Imac you are given to work with? Good luck to all still in the interview process and congrats to all those who have been hired. I am scheduled to be in the Jan. class hope I meet some classmates here.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.