Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaunbowers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Whangarei
So I bought a Apple TV two days ago because I got sick of using a Lightning Bolt cable + HDMI.

Apple TV works great on its own, but when I use AirPlay on my 27" on Yosemite the audio keeps cutting and the image is fine. But after the audio stops cutting it works for about a minute before them both dropping connection.

I also have a MacBook on Mavericks and that works perfectly fine with it so it must be Yosemite.

Ive had Yosemite since the beta versions so not sure if that could be anything?

Thanks, Just a bit frustrated :mad:

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
So I bought a Apple TV two days ago because I got sick of using a Lightning Bolt cable + HDMI.

Apple TV works great on its own, but when I use AirPlay on my 27" on Yosemite the audio keeps cutting and the image is fine. But after the audio stops cutting it works for about a minute before them both dropping connection.

I also have a MacBook on Mavericks and that works perfectly fine with it so it must be Yosemite.

Ive had Yosemite since the beta versions so not sure if that could be anything?

Thanks, Just a bit frustrated :mad:

You are not alone.

Here's a thread with some solutions which may or may not work for you. Best of luck.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6603499

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Since Yosemite I get random stuttering but only when mirroring and its rare enough that I can patiently wait for a fix an deal with it (its that rare).

Home sharing has been working flawlessly and I use it very often for iTunes content and content ripped and imported.

2013 iMac w/ Yosemite wireless AC to Airport Extreme 6th Gen which is wired to my AppleTV 3 w/ latest update.

Since I don't have the problem I can't really help directly but I can check any settings you may want to cross reference with your own.

shaunbowers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Whangarei
Mavericks is working great, hope Apple sorts something out. Even the AUDIO online its stuttering and sometimes drops it connection on Yosemite :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.