Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yondertwins392

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
Is it just me or are the pictures out of order in Camera Roll?? How do I get it back to the order it was?

yondertwins392

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
So I've tried many options..I've tried importing an exporting the photos completely, I tried restoring and adding the new photos that I've imported into the existing camera roll using the program RollIt, tried completely wiping out the pictures and adding the combined old/new pictures with RollIt and nothing seems to work. There are old photos from 4 years ago and new photos mixed in to one particular date Oct. 25, 2014 that doesn't belong. I've tried calling Apple Support and they basically said that it wasn't a bug and told me to restore the iPhone to it's original state which I've tried twice. I honestly don't know what else to do but to give up and start a new. Never have I had this problem since I updated to the iOS 8 system.

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
So I've tried many options..I've tried importing an exporting the photos completely, I tried restoring and adding the new photos that I've imported into the existing camera roll using the program RollIt, tried completely wiping out the pictures and adding the combined old/new pictures with RollIt and nothing seems to work. There are old photos from 4 years ago and new photos mixed in to one particular date Oct. 25, 2014 that doesn't belong. I've tried calling Apple Support and they basically said that it wasn't a bug and told me to restore the iPhone to it's original state which I've tried twice. I honestly don't know what else to do but to give up and start a new. Never have I had this problem since I updated to the iOS 8 system.

Do you have icloud enabled?Are you saying that your photos are not organized as you see them on your pc and once they are on the phone its unorganized?

yondertwins392

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
Do you have icloud enabled?Are you saying that your photos are not organized as you see them on your pc and once they are on the phone its unorganized?

iCloud is not enabled for my photos. I was able to sort them in Camera Roll by exporting all the pictures and re-organizing them on my computer and putting them back on the iPhone via RollIt. They are in order that way. It is when I go into the "Photos" tab on the bottom where it shows Collections, Moments, etc.. For some reason it's grouping a bunch of old random pictures into one day, but everything else is ok. It is so random. lol

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
I just got my iPhone 6 and noticed this. Anyone have a fix for this? A lot of old photos are in a today section under Moments instead of being organized by numerical order.

Dave.be

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2014
Same problem here.

In the moments tab they are in the right order but not in the camera roll.

And when you want to send a photo to someone with whatsapp or other app, they are also in order. Just not in the camera roll.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Having the same issue as OP. Not using iCloud, restoring from backup. But it's onto the same phone as before - not a 6 or Plus. Either way my pictures are way out of order. Was also told it is not a bug. Really? Because I've been using iOS for 6 years now and this is the first time it has ever happened - and I can't fix it. Found this thread here, so it isn't an isolated issue. Fits the definition of bug to me. Apple is starting to lose me as of late. :(

ETA: have also tried all the suggestions the OP has done and nothing works. It's like it's literally unfixable - they are all just thrown throughout the camera roll, completely out of date. Some at the top were taken a week ago, then it goes to a few months, then years, then back to recent, then back to a few weeks. It's nonsensical.

fluffylucyxmy

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2009
Australia
i have the same problem on my iPhone 5. the pictures in camera roll were always ordered by oldest to newest, but now they are all over the place, which makes it nearly impossible to locate one out of about 4000 photos when I want to show them or send them to somebody. This must have happened within the last few weeks. I recently had the battery in the phone replaced, which apparently necessitated a data reset and that is the only thing I can think of that might have precipitated this disaster, but I don't know.

Andy.pirtek

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2015
Hi .. My wife has the same problem .. She has an iphone 5s and now the photos in her photo roll are out of order any ideas how to correct this please ?

HansDiag

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2016
same here, goddamn it, i refused to upgrade the IOS since i got my iphone 6, now I had to and now this... Still no fix?

wellfleet

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2017
Is it just me or are the pictures out of order in Camera Roll?? How do I get it back to the order it was?

I am having the same problem. Feb 8, 2015, is the date of the last (and first) pictures in my Camera Roll. They are all there, just out of order. I upgraded my iOS last night (Jan 6, 2017), and I wonder whether it reverts back to a specific date or even a prior backup date?

Would love to know how to reorder. I also wonder if it's the name of the file attached to the pics...
[doublepost=1483820628][/doublepost]Found this: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-9942

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Happened to me too after upgrading to the newest iOS beta. But only like 5 photos from early 2016 are out of place. They ended up going to the most recent in my all photos view for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.