Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors' FAN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Dear friends,
Which device between my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) and my iPhone 6 Plus takes photos and videos better?
Do not answer if you are not sure at 100%.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Other than a selfie or a video of you sitting at your computer, I'm not sure how you would use a MacBook to do either.
Based on that is say the iPhone. Pretty sure it has a higher spec camera as well.

MacRumors' FAN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Other than a selfie or a video of you sitting at your computer, I'm not sure how you would use a MacBook to do either.
Based on that is say the iPhone. Pretty sure it has a higher spec camera as well.
So to take photos and videos iPhone 6 Plus is better, right?

cheezeit

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Dallas, TX
Here incase you couldn't find the last thread you created...

Your iPhone 6 Plus takes photos and videos better than your MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I understood your question perfectly...

The iPhone does both things better. BUT you benefit from having the MacBook not moving around if you're video conferencing or making a casual video.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Dear friends,
Which device between my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) and my iPhone 6 Plus takes photos and videos better?
Do not answer if you are not sure at 100%.

Why don't you try both and see for yourself? It's not that hard. You don't need strangers on the internet to tell you what you can see with your own eyes.

With that said, the iPhone 6 has a camera that is many many times better than the MacBook Pro, so of course, it'll take better photos and videos.

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2007
I have both and they both take crap photos. Video is not such an issue because video quality is less noticeable.
No phone camera or laptop webcam can produce image quality anywhere near the quality of even a very basic digital slr and lens.
If all you are doing is sticking snapshots on Facebook then it's all fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.