Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoia

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
New England
This is the result i got from the link for the serial number to enter

Nice Name: iPhone 6 (GSM/North America)
Machine Model: iPhone7,2
Family name: A1549
Group1: iPhone
Group2: 6
Generation:
CPU speed: 1.4GHz
Screen size: 4.7 inch
Screen resolution: 1334x750 pixels
Colour: Space Gray
Production year: 2014
Production week: 39 (October)
Model introduced: 2014
Capacity: 128GB
Memory - flavour: xx
Memory - maximum total: 1GB
Factory: F1 (China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn)

Last edited:

hagr182

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions, your answers were very helpful, I ended up getting a 64 gb gold plus iphone. It´s bigger than I imagined and I can´t use it one handed in spite of having very big hands.

I will post pics and my complete impressions on thursday once I get back from a work trip.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
Thanks to everyone who replied to my questions, your answers were very helpful, I ended up getting a 64 gb gold plus iphone. It´s bigger than I imagined and I can´t use it one handed in spite of having very big hands.

I will post pics and my complete impressions on thursday once I get back from a work trip.

You will get use to it after a of week use. When I was at the Apple store yesturday one of the employe and friend of the family. Took is 5s and put on top of my 6plus, my goodness the 6plus duwarf the 5s I don't think I could ever go back to a 4s or 5s noway. After having and using my 6+ since 10/16. It's just a beast of a phone. Apple should have make a bigger iPhone a long time ago. A mean this one of the reason why they are so hard to get.

justenjusten

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
Honestly I waited 7 weeks for my iPhone 6+.. :/ um I ordered
9/18..

And it came in 7weeks..
47 days..

Its good and all, if you love the 6 plus for the hardware spec upgrades like the 1080 display this joint is amazing by the way don't get me wrong , and battery performance is awesome.

But 1 handed use is critical.. I didn't know it would affect me this hard.

It's hard if you're trying to be lowkey about using your phone in a public area(6+ gathers to much attention) it is a eye catcher, taking a quick slowmo video or photo, or using it to type a text quickly.

iPhone 6 = for the average iPhone user
iPhone 6 + = for the spec freaks and entertainment junkies,

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
Honestly I waited 7 weeks for my iPhone 6+.. :/ um I ordered
9/18..

And it came in 7weeks..
47 days..

Its good and all, if you love the 6 plus for the hardware spec upgrades like the 1080 display this joint is amazing by the way don't get me wrong , and battery performance is awesome.

But 1 handed use is critical.. I didn't know it would affect me this hard.

It's hard if you're trying to be lowkey about using your phone in a public area(6+ gathers to much attention) it is a eye catcher, taking a quick slowmo video or photo, or using it to type a text quickly.

iPhone 6 = for the average iPhone user
iPhone 6 + = for the spec freaks and entertainment junkies,
I know what you mean about the 6 Plus being conspicuous, but I think it could be more you being ultra-aware and conscious of it, coming from(I guess) a smaller device, that makes you think everyone else is as conscious. That's how I felt, coming from a 5s, but I soon realised that a lot of regular people on my London Underground daily commutes are already using big phones and tablets in public, without showing any concern.
The only issue with the Plus, is the size - not as a attention magnet, but simply if the user can remain comfortable when wielding it. I knew I could, ten seconds after holding it in the Apple Store, but individual milage will vary.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Moving from a 5 to a 5s, then from a 5s to a 6 and 6+ (I bought both, one for work and one for play)...the 6+ felt enormous at first.

After two days, every other iPhone feels so damn cramped.

Attachments

• IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    831.8 KB · Views: 255

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
I just got my 6 64GB Space Grey today, really impressed by the screen and feel of the actual device. I was surprised that it actually shipped with 8.0.2

clark addison

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2014
San Diego
After a day with the 6plus, my old 5 seemed like a tiny toy.

Apple Maps and Google Maps really shine on the 6 plus when mounted in the car and used as a GPS. The screen is bigger than my Garmin, which now goes into obsolete electronics hell.

lrsone

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2012
New York, NY
I have put off buying the iPhone6 or 6Plus simply because I heard there is no camera roll and it's difficult to delete photos. I use the camera a lot and no roll concerns me.

Apple Iphones
Camera Roll was removed on iOS 8 has nothing to do with the 6 or 6 Plus. Also they added Camera Roll back into iOS 8.1 also deleting photos is fairly easy. I don't know if you're trying to troll but those are pretty lame excuses on why not to buy these two great phones. They may not be perfect but they are pretty amazing phones.

bmwjeff

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I work at a local repair shop, took this guy all of two days to dump his phone in a toilet. Luckily, no damage and it all works fine after being dried out!

iphone 6 16GB Gold

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 208

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

As you get used to the device and screen size, you start to actually use it one handed sometimes too haha. At least in my case, im a 5'10 man so my hands arent that big, but I got used to the Plus size and love it, i actually use it one handed sometimes still , not the easiest thing to do , but im able to do some operations on the phone one handed with Reachability (if i am reading or just scrolling through things, tapping on things etc and not typing)

CYKBC

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2014
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Photos and First Impressions

Got the black 6 128. Underwhelmed. Went back to my black 5s. Content. Dropped 5s in h20. Picked up black 6 plus 64.
Good to go.

Ps. Won't ever stand in line at Apple Store again. So many dumb peasants with character flaws arguing with Apple retail employees.

hartman3216

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2014
Picked up the 64GB in space grey. Coming from the Samsung S5 and very happy so far. Was intrigued when they released larger screen size (why I went to Galaxy from iPhone 4). I think as long as they offer the larger screens, I'll be sticking around!! Never realized how much I relied on iTunes until I went away from iPhone and saw the pain it was to get all my music to my phone. Very impressed with the battery as well, typically had to charge over night then mid afternoon with Galaxy.

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2007
I work at a local repair shop, took this guy all of two days to dump his phone in a toilet. Luckily, no damage and it all works fine after being dried out!

iphone 6 16GB Gold
Many out there said the phone was too big to get a firm grip on. Looks as if the proportions were designed by the guy who designed original Xbox controllers :cool:

Looks inspired by modern Russian concept cars. I like it. But what about a strap behind it to secure it to the hand?

Ps. Won't ever stand in line at Apple Store again. So many dumb peasants with character flaws arguing with Apple retail employees.
So funny how you put it :D

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Finally decided . . . why not try a 6 Plus

OK, I am not the "buy and return" kind of guy, so I made a lot of trips to the Apple store to play with the 6 and the 6 Plus. The 6 felt great and was a logical upgrade to the 5S. But I had never had a larger screen before. Coincidentally, I had several business trips recently, and I have been seated next to both 6 and 6 Plus users. Seeing them in the wild was pretty useful.

So after my last trip I went to the Apple Store and went with a SG ATT 128 6 Plus. Until now I had purchased white, but really liked the Plus in SG.

As everyone mentions, you do have to change how you use it a little, but that is coming very fast. Fits in the front pocket of all my pants just like my iPhone 5S did.

I have just two simple, immediate goals.
1. Learn to push the sleep button without dropping the ringer volume
2. Quit obsessing and trying to see if it is still straight ;) Challenging for us OCD types, but I do get over it. (with my 4 it was concern about battery life, with my 5S it was screen tint, but I do settle down)

So far so good. No kidding, the screen is beautiful.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
OK, I am not the "buy and return" kind of guy, so I made a lot of trips to the Apple store to play with the 6 and the 6 Plus. The 6 felt great and was a logical upgrade to the 5S. But I had never had a larger screen before. Coincidentally, I had several business trips recently, and I have been seated next to both 6 and 6 Plus users. Seeing them in the wild was pretty useful.

So after my last trip I went to the Apple Store and went with a SG ATT 128 6 Plus. Until now I had purchased white, but really liked the Plus in SG.

As everyone mentions, you do have to change how you use it a little, but that is coming very fast. Fits in the front pocket of all my pants just like my iPhone 5S did.

I have just two simple, immediate goals.

1. Learn to push the sleep button without dropping the ringer volume

2. Quit obsessing and trying to see if it is still straight ;) Challenging for us OCD types, but I do get over it. (with my 4 it was concern about battery life, with my 5S it was screen tint, but I do settle down)

So far so good. No kidding, the screen is beautiful.

I agree with all you've said. Just wondering, are you going to put it in a case?

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I agree with all you've said. Just wondering, are you going to put it in a case?

I am kind of a case guy. For all my iStuff I seem to buy several cases, and then I end up using just one or two in rotation on each of my devices. In the 6 Plus I am trying the Apple leather case (not bad, but makes the sleep button especially annoying to push), the Incipio Feather and have a thin Power Support on order. Given the great AV potential of the Plus, I also have a TwelveSouth Surface Pad on order.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I am kind of a case guy. For all my iStuff I seem to buy several cases, and then I end up using just one or two in rotation on each of my devices. In the 6 Plus I am trying the Apple leather case (not bad, but makes the sleep button especially annoying to push), the Incipio Feather and have a thin Power Support on order. Given the great AV potential of the Plus, I also have a TwelveSouth Surface Pad on order.

Yeah, me too although I do "flirt" with going "naked". My favorite case at the moment is the Apple leather case but I also have a Spigen Neo Hybrid and a Ikonic Edge pouch. I usually get a BookBook and Otterbox but might skip the Otterbox this time round.

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
Yeah, me too although I do "flirt" with going "naked". My favorite case at the moment is the Apple leather case but I also have a Spigen Neo Hybrid and a Ikonic Edge pouch. I usually get a BookBook and Otterbox but might skip the Otterbox this time round.

Otterbox is overkill to be honest, it adds to much bulk to the 6plus. Which we all know is a beast of a phone already. I have the apple leather case which is my favorite. Also have ringke fusion in Smoke with the Clare back and UAG maverick whick is the biggest case I will use on my 6plus. There was one night where I went to be bed using my phone, fell a sleep woke up the next morning laying on my phone. No bending here also fell out my pocket at the gym. So cases are doing a good job protecting my phone so far. Also have Zagg Hdx for my screen protector.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 88

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Otterbox is overkill to be honest, it adds to much bulk to the 6plus. Which we all know is a beast of a phone already. I have the apple leather case which is my favorite. Also have ringke fusion in Smoke with the Clare back and UAG maverick whick is the biggest case I will use on my 6plus. There was one night where I went to be bed using my phone, fell a sleep woke up the next morning laying on my phone. No bending here also fell out my pocket at the gym. So cases are doing a good job protecting my phone so far. Also have Zagg Hdx for my screen protector.

I agree re Otterbox. What's that case you posted?

01silver4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2014
Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.