Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
I sued it for the first time at Wholefoods and it went perfectly smooth. I was impressed, until -

I updated to iOS 8.1.1 and my creditcard was wiped from Apple Pay and I had to reset it up.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I was impressed, until - I updated to iOS 8.1.1 and my creditcard was wiped from Apple Pay and I had to reset it up.

Interesting. I updated to 8.1.1 but my cards remained intact.

BTW there seems to be a limit of eight credit or debit cards. Can't add any more beyond that, the "Add Credit or Debit Card" selection becomes grayed out with the eighth card. Not an issue of course (talk about a first-world-problem!) but I find it curious.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
BTW there seems to be a limit of eight credit or debit cards. Can't add any more beyond that, the "Add Credit or Debit Card" selection becomes grayed out with the eighth card. Not an issue of course (talk about a first-world-problem!) but I find it curious.

Does anyone really use more than 8 active credit/bank cards simultaneously? I'm not talking about the oldest accounts you no longer use but keep for longevity/credit score purposes, but more than 8 accounts you actually use on a daily basis.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Does anyone really use more than 8 active credit/bank cards simultaneously? I'm not talking about the oldest accounts you no longer use but keep for longevity/credit score purposes, but more than 8 accounts you actually use on a daily basis.

I hope they add the ability to add coupons and gift cards like Google Wallet does.

brgjoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2014
Central IL, USA.
Used mine at Subway yesterday. Got a Meatball sub and as well as a Seafood Sensation footlong sandwich as well.

Paid for it via Apple Pay. The cashier said, "Wow, that's so cool!"

There's a Casey's General Store here (actually two of them now) and they have NFC readers installed, but haven't brought them online yet. So Apple Pay doesn't work with those stores yet.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Used mine at Subway yesterday. Got a Meatball sub and as well as a Seafood Sensation footlong sandwich as well.

Paid for it via Apple Pay. The cashier said, "Wow, that's so cool!"

There's a Casey's General Store here (actually two of them now) and they have NFC readers installed, but haven't brought them online yet. So Apple Pay doesn't work with those stores yet.

So I heard from my a Big Lots manager, and a manager of a small Asian store, they're waiting on their merchant service providers to actually be able to carry an NFC transaction, which should also enable the Chip & PIN readers. We are in for a very interesting ride in the payments industry as a whole.

toohectic

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2010
Used Apple Pay for the first time today at the self-checkout aisle in Albertson's. Worked extremely well with no problems at all. Tomorrow I'll go for test round number two at Rubio's for lunch.

sliprat

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2011
My Day

Walgreens Enter Phone Number for loyalty card, Donate to Charity?, Wave Phone, Enter Pin, Cash back?, Amount OK?

Panera Bread - Wave phone - DONE!

Big Lots - Wave Phone - Charge Declined - Swipe Card all is well

Rubios Fish Tacos - Wave Phone, Accept Amount, Sign Receipt

Rite Aid - Wave phone - Charge Declined - Swipe Card all is well

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Went to radio shack and bought hdmi cable and then to Walgreens and reloaded my Clipper card. Went to McDonald's in SF and got some lunch. ApplePay all the way.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Interesting. I updated to 8.1.1 but my cards remained intact.

I wonder if the secure element can only handle a certain number of cards.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Used it at the car dealership of all places. They've reorganized the department and gave all the service managers POS devices at their desk instead of sending customers to a separate cashier. I noticed the NFC logo at the top and gave it a try and it worked.

skyking517

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
I have found myself adjusting to go to places that accept Apple Pay. We got a puppy two weeks ago, and now I am going to Petco, yesterday I stopped at Winn Dixie on the way home rather than Publix. I cant wait for more places to be onboard, I love using it.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Anyone having issues with Apple Pay where it keeps saying hold the phone near terminal? My Damn phone is touching it and still won't work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.