Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tarkoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my iMessages ever since I've updated to ios8, They've been sending as texts instead of iMessages. I've tried all the trouble shooting I can think of to try to fix them but to no avail. I've also contacted apple and Verizon but we've been working on this for a month and its driving me crazy. If anyones had this problem or knows how to fix it, id be eternally grateful, I've had several business messages that I found out I missed because of this and I need to get it fixed.

Thanks for any help!

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my iMessages ever since I've updated to ios8, They've been sending as texts instead of iMessages. I've tried all the trouble shooting I can think of to try to fix them but to no avail. I've also contacted apple and Verizon but we've been working on this for a month and its driving me crazy. If anyones had this problem or knows how to fix it, id be eternally grateful, I've had several business messages that I found out I missed because of this and I need to get it fixed.

Thanks for any help!

I know you said you tried every of could think of but instead of us telling you to try things you already tried can you explain what it is you already did?

tarkoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
Yes, sorry I ment to do that before xP

I first started with the basics.
Turning I messages off and on, signing out, and back into my apple Id and reseting network settings.

Then I did a total restore of my phone and tried those all again, I updated to iOS 8.1 and tried the basics all again, then I created a new Apple id to see if my Device was the only one on there I'd work.

I also forgot to mention my iPhone's an 5s and its running iOS 8.1

thanks for the response!!!

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
also when you say you missed some important messages are those being sent to you as an iMessage or a SMS

do SMS between you and a non iPhone user work flawlessly?

have you tried the new web tool to de-register your phone not sure it matters as you still tried turning iMessage off and on already but I don't think it would hurt to try

tarkoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
They're being sent as imessges. And yes, as far as I know text messages work great!

tarkoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
I have, I also ran one where I put my iPhone in airplane mode and with wifi tried sending an iMessage. Sorry when I wrote this post I didn't clearly state that I can't send or receive them. Sorry that was my bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.