Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alon1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Hi! A friend of mine asked me this question: How do you (and can you?) create a schedule using numbers that will calculate the number of hours in a workweek per employee? In other words, let's say the schedule says I work on Mondays 9am to 3 pm and the rest of the week I'm off, the schedule is going to show the days and times I work and one "total hours" column which in this case will say " 6 ". I googled it and searched the archives here but no luck. Thanks in advance!

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
Hi! A friend of mine asked me this question: How do you (and can you?) create a schedule using numbers that will calculate the number of hours in a workweek per employee? In other words, let's say the schedule says I work on Mondays 9am to 3 pm and the rest of the week I'm off, the schedule is going to show the days and times I work and one "total hours" column which in this case will say " 6 ". I googled it and searched the archives here but no luck. Thanks in advance!

Did you Google employee scheduling software? The must be a million options available.

Alon1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
I'm sure there are but my friend wants to use Numbers (if possible). In her old job they used Excel for that so she figured Numbers would support it too, which would make for a more streamlined system.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
Google "excel employee schedule calculator"

Take your pick of the free excel template sites....see how the logic works then replicate in Numbers if it will...

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010
Here. Sadly it is in German (time format etc.) Although... depening on your region setting... maybe not.

Attachments

• Work Schedule.zip
    126.2 KB · Views: 703

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010
Or... if you think more in time slots... and wanna make sure every time slot is occupied by a certain amount of people... you could approach it like this:

Attachments

• Work Schedule Time Slots.zip
    142.6 KB · Views: 608

Alon1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
Is what I did similar to what you intended? Or did I miss your point?

It's very close. I think she can either use yours or get an idea of how it works and implement it in hers. I am attaching a mockup I made of what she had in mind, please let me know if you have any tips, ideas, notes, etc.

Again, I really appreciate your help!

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010
It's very close. I think she can either use yours or get an idea of how it works and implement it in hers. I am attaching a mockup I made of what she had in mind, please let me know if you have any tips, ideas, notes, etc.

Again, I really appreciate your help!

Do that... because here you didn't attach anything :D

TheralSadurns

Cancelled
Jul 8, 2010
If you want it like this... you can do it... like this:

(My computer is set to 24h clock... just disregard this.)
Also... you have to have separate cells for start and end time. It MIGHT be possible to do it in one cell... but I have no idea how... and like it is, it shouldn't be bothersome either.

Attachments

• Work Schedule Week.zip
    72 KB · Views: 477

Alon1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014

Also... you have to have separate cells for start and end time. It MIGHT be possible to do it in one cell... but I have no idea how... and like it is, it shouldn't be bothersome either.

Thats perfect! Thank you so much for your help! :)

lisamarie1

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2023

Hello, sorry hoping you’ll reply back even though this was years ago. I went to use your spreadsheet you’ve shared but I don’t understand it. Please could you help sorry

Attachments

• 767EE1FE-0919-4FC7-9762-177068546188.png
    767EE1FE-0919-4FC7-9762-177068546188.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 56
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.