Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Too many games out in November so I'm passing on COD this year. I only tend to play single player anyway.

Plus still enjoying a lot of October games.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Call of Duty has stagnated beyond belief. The franchise should have ended 3 games back. Its gotten to the point where they need to push a sodding NPC modeled after an actor to inject life into it. And even than, the whole idea of having NPCs modeled off actors in a damn video game is so stupid its borderline insulting to fans of video games in my opinion.

I'll be passing. COD: Ghosts was appalling and I have the feeling Advanced Warefare will be too.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
getting it for PC today, would have loved to play it with my friends on the WiiU though.

I'm not interested in the campaign, so don't care for that.

Still waiting for a fast paced, arcadey fps to show cod how it's done - can't see one though.

Titanfall didn't come near imo. CS:GO is cool, but the curve is just too steep with all the players out there playing it since ages. It's not arcadey either. BF4 on PC is a big joke. Can't play a single match after the latest patch and won't sink in any hours anymore trying to get it running. Also totally different style. Destiny: read strange things about PvP so wouldn't be interested if it came out for PC.

Hopefully Doom delivers next year!

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Too many games out in November so I'm passing on COD this year. I only tend to play single player anyway.

Plus still enjoying a lot of October games.

There are so many good games coming out for the consoles here that my wallet and free time cant keep up!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
It's a pretty amazing game. Haven't touched the campaign but mp so far is great. Demanding but absolutely awesome.

Glad I got it right away - just a pity they didn't release it for the Wii U as it would have been awesome to play with friends there.

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
Campaign was solid IMO. Easily an 8 out of 10 experience. Haven't touched any multiplayer yet. Too many games in my backlog at the moment...

XB1 Backlog:
-Destiny (if I ever find a reason to go back to it :rolleyes:)
-Shadow of Mordor
-The Evil Within
-Sunset Overdrive
-Halo: Master Chief Collection

PC Backlog:
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Alien: Isolation

PS3 Backlog:
-Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster

As you can see, I can waste all my money on games, but can't find the time to complete them. :p

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
l

As you can see, I can waste all my money on games, but can't find the time to complete them. :p

Tell me about it ...

What's worse is that in this one week alone I will have bought 4 more

(Lego Batman 3, GTA V, Dragon Age, Far Cry 4) all of which will just add to the ever increasing backlog. Haven't even touched stuff like alien isolation yet or Bayonetta 1/2 despite buying them a couple of weeks ago now... It's madness

s0nicpr0s

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Illinois
Campaign was solid IMO. Easily an 8 out of 10 experience. Haven't touched any multiplayer yet. Too many games in my backlog at the moment...

XB1 Backlog:
-Destiny (if I ever find a reason to go back to it :rolleyes:)
-Shadow of Mordor
-The Evil Within
-Sunset Overdrive
-Halo: Master Chief Collection

PC Backlog:
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Alien: Isolation

PS3 Backlog:
-Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster

I try not to think about my backlog... It just depresses me. =P Does help me from buying too many games thankfully. Not all, but does cut back by maybe 60-70%

furbzv1

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2014
Haven't played much but so far i like it.. have to get the hang of the jetpack

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Brought a copy to play with a friend.

Miles better than Ghosts which I had to stop playing because it made me feel like I was literally wasting my life away.

Single player is interesting enough and the exos are an interesting addition to multiplayer.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Anyone else (Xbox One) getting the worst lag in the world on this POS? Not lag, as in people hopping across the screen. Lag, as in bullets just don't register at all and you see yourself die in 1-2 bullets? I die before I even see an indicator showing where I'm being hit from. It's like every death is from a sniper.

Before anyone says anything.. no, it's not on my end. I can play any other COD and it's totally fine. MW2, MW3, Ghosts, BO2.. even COD4 that has like 2000 people online. It's insane. I go from 10-17 games on this lag filled crap fest to 25-4 type of games on any other COD. It's not that I'm not used to it either. The rare time the connection is ok, I do the same types of scores. It's to the point that as soon as I shot at one person, or get shot by one person, I know how my entire evening is going to go. I'd say 80+% of the time it's horrible too.

... I won't even get into spawns. :mad:

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
I've got the XB1 CoD AW special edition, play that from day zero, no lag. Do you have a good internet connection?

Yup. Plenty good. 16 ms ping, 75 Mb/s down, 5-7 Mb/s up. It's literally the only game I have issues with. I can even play COD4 that has all of about 300 people online with no issues. It's mostly been since the patches started rolling out. It was perfectly fine at launch.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
This game is all around terrible for me. Played MW3, Ghosts without issue. Only games I had issues with were BLOPS 2 and this POS game.

Can barely go positive and I get dropped in 2 shots even at long range. Me, I got to shoot people at least 4-5 times to get a kill. The camping in this game just adds to the overall suckiness.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
I did just fine with this game until the patches started rolling out. I routinely hit 25-35 kills on KC and collected 30+ tags. Now I'm lucky to get 10-15 kills and maybe 15-20 tags. It's just a total lagfest for me. I've checked my connection in my browser, speed test from my One... totally fine. Pop in COD4, MW3, BO, BO2, Ghosts.. all fine. So annoying because I really enjoyed this game the little bit I played it when it functioned properly. Oh well, I guess. The newest patch did nothing to fix it either.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I have Call of Duty: Ghosts on the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One. I decided to get the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on the PS4 platform. I'm disappointed by the game. No Gun Game! I'm sticking with Ghosts until Gun Game comes along in an update.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
I fixed some of the choppy frame rate drops by reinstalling the game, but the lag is still insanely bad. I literally unload an entire magazine into a guy (missing maybe 4-5 out of 30+ shots) and they just turn and one shot me.

I give up on this game, and any future COD game until they 100% confirm it's all dedicated servers and they quit on this skill based match making BS. I want it based on connection only. I don't care if I play noobs that have never touched COD before or if I play some MLG Pros all day, I just want people to die when I shoot them. That's it.

I've been given headshots on this game when I literally never hit above the waste. It's so ridiculously inaccurate. I can't stand it. I hated Ghosts all last year, but I'm actually loving it now. The connection is almost always dead on. If I shoot someone, they die. If they shoot me, I usually die... how it should be.

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
I bought this spontaneously a couple of days ago. It was my first Call of Duty since the original Black Ops. The story was pretty short, as is usually the case, but I really enjoyed it. Gone are the days of the hardest setting on these games being something that makes you rip your hair out. Veteran was pretty easy throughout but maybe that's just because I'm desensitised to Call of Duty difficulty after playing World at War on Veteran. That was ridiculous.

Once I'd finished the campaign I jumped on multiplayer and had a couple of good rounds. I then got kicked (or so it seemed) from a lobby and put in another. I was then playing at level 8 in a round full of people between level 40 and 50. The game balancing seems a little extreme. Has anyone else noticed this?

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I've got it on PS4 and Xbox 360. But I'm waiting for Gun Game before I really get engaged. I love Gun Game on Ghosts. Of course, I'm that guy who just stabs people. It's so much more fun.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Best multiplayer in CoD since Modern Warfare. Some parts of the campaign are spectacles (the San Fran bridge scene is very, very impressive) but it is uneven and the story never fully develops. Unsatisfying ending as well but all in all there hasn't been a better CoD since MW2.

Is it just me or does anyone else notice fine lines look jagged on the X1 as if the AA/upscaler isn't doing its job 100%? That bothered me through the entire campaign frankly since it would be a perfect presentation otherwise. X360 CoD games didn't even have this issue and they ran at a much lower res.

mac666er

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I bought this one for PS4 as I just jumped into PS4 for another game, just was curious about the state of CoD.

A little bit of where I am coming from: I really don't play FPS, don't really into it. The last one I bought and enjoyed thoroughly was F.E.A.R. That one made me jump at night, many times, even though the story was a little unconvincing.

I was curious to where Battlefield and CoD where now, as I hadn't play either since before F.E.A.R. What really made me buy it was that I had a PS4 now and saw it got good reviews, was sold on the whole war in 50 years concept (as I am a Tom Clancy fan) and was told Kevin Spacey was awesome. I don't regret buying the game.

I finished it in about 6 to 8 hrs in Single Player in hardened. No interest in Multiplayer. I think it was fun. the story was a little stretched, especially towards the last half, but enjoyable and I was curious to what would happen next (I suspected how it was going to end, but the little details are so polished now for a non-FPS gamer that it did kept my interest in). The missions I think are very well thought out. The music is superb.

Also, I can see that Activision doesn't want to risk too much into this franchise, so they really just added proven things /persons to it rather than propose something new. That's OK, but I do get the point that many weapons are now unattractive against human players, and yes, I was also shot from behind without hearing anything even though my own steps were so loud.

I liked it, but I don't see myself playing another CoD title in another 10 years :p

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I've got it on PS4 and Xbox 360. But I'm waiting for Gun Game before I really get engaged. I love Gun Game on Ghosts. Of course, I'm that guy who just stabs people. It's so much more fun.

I hadn't played Gun Game until you mentioned it. It turned in to my favorite game type on Ghosts. Thanks for the tip!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.