Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smako

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Australia, NSW, Sydney
These are all hand tested cases which i purchased with my own cash and i will give you an honest unbiased review. the cases i selected all posses elegant and attractive bodies which will not detract from the iPhone's beauty. They are not in any specific order.

Spigen thin fit(clear)(http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/23133566...ame=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)- this is one of the most minimalistic cases. It a hard-plastic shell case that offers basic scratch protection and the bare minimum or no drop protection however the bonus is that you will be able to view and show off the iPhones entire design and did i mention no extra bulk. The top,volume rockers, sleep/wake buttons and bottom of the iPhone are exposed though. this case also comes in a variety of colours, i believe the other varieties have a matte coating which may help with the slipperiness. The clear version helps with the slipperiness but is still pretty slippery.

Verus Iron Shield(http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/14140893...ame=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)- this is one sexy case, its a 2 part case that offers dual-layered protection. The fit is extremely nice and the case on the phone feels like "Da Bomb", with a nice textured rubber and the cold touch of aluminium makes this the most premium case i've ever used. Although the case looks really sleek it may not be for everyone, it adds a little bulk and can make the phone a bit wide for some. If you are already intimidated by the 6 Plus's size stay away from this case. Other cons in my personally opinion are the the open gaps to reveal the apple logo, this allows the iPhone to shine a bit of its original beauty but id prefer it if they had either covered the entire back with textured rubber or at least placed a plastic cover above it to prevent the easy entry of dust and lint. The last complaint i have with this case is the cut out ontop of the sleep wake switch, not sure if verus is going to fix it but currently theres a tiny open gap which you wont notice in normal use that is exposed from the screen at an angle.

UAG composite case (http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/)- this composite case screams with quality,although its a one piece case the fit is very tight and i love it, some may dislike it if they like to change cases all the time. the rubber on the sides adds extra grip and just the overall feeling of the case is very nice. I was personally surprised at how thin the case was for something that boasts that it offers military grade protection. the design of this case looks amazing but thats only my personal perspective others may differ. the negatives about this case to me are the corners yes they do assist in the drop protection but to those who like to grip the phone from the bottom you will have to adapt to gripping it from the centre since it is extremely uncomfortable with the larger corners. the last con about this case is that there are 2 uncovered spots at the back of the phone partially part of the apple logo and the other just the back i do not understand why UAG did this but i preferred they'd seal it up so no dust and lint will get into it. Did i mention you also get a free screen protector, squeegee and micro fibre cloth?

I hope you have a decent idea of what type of case your looking to get your iPhone 6 plus. I'm still waiting on the official leather case from apple (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/13132648...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 ) and i will keep you updated on my thoughts about that. I am currently rocking with the UAG but i occasionally go back to the clear Spigen to show off the design language of the new iPhone :)

Last edited:

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
I hope you have a decent idea of what type of case your looking to get your iPhone 6 plus. I'm still waiting on the official leather case from apple (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/13132648...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 ) and i will keep you updated on my thoughts about that. I am currently rocking with the UAG but i occasionally go back to the clear Spigen to show off the design language of the new iPhone :)

I don't believe that is an authentic Apple Leather case. Since the link shows it is coming from China it is probably a copy. Since the auction is for half the cost of the Apple Leather case, and no where does the auction state the model number or that it is an Apple Case it more than likely is not.

I have two of the Apple leather cases (Black and Midnight Blue) for my iPhone 6 Plus and believe they are the best cases available for both fit and look.

Tgrey

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
I don't believe that is an authentic Apple Leather case. Since the link shows it is coming from China it is probably a copy. Since the auction is for half the cost of the Apple Leather case, and no where does the auction state the model number or that it is an Apple Case it more than likely is not.

I have two of the Apple leather cases (Black and Midnight Blue) for my iPhone 6 Plus and believe they are the best cases available for both fit and look.

Yes, 1:1 means copy in Chinese, usually a good copy, close to authentic one

Smako

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Australia, NSW, Sydney
it seems pretty authentic to me

i hope you realise that all these cases are made in china anyway, this seller has positive reviews and seems to extremely trusty. i wouldn't point fingers at him selling faulty products as he would than receive a bad reputation. The cases are definitely not worth $65 is AUD and i find that this is a pretty good darn deal. If they do end up as fakes it would feel almost the same but i will be some what disappointed, i guess for being deceived.

thewhitetower

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
i hope you realise that all these cases are made in china anyway, this seller has positive reviews and seems to extremely trusty. i wouldn't point fingers at him selling faulty products as he would than receive a bad reputation. The cases are definitely not worth $65 is AUD and i find that this is a pretty good darn deal. If they do end up as fakes it would feel almost the same but i will be some what disappointed, i guess for being deceived.

Sorry to burst your party....but it's a copy and not the authentic case as sold at the Apple Store.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California

I agree that the Apple case is not worth $65.00 AUD or $49.00 US. Part of the reason that some of these items are so expensive is that companies are constantly having to protect their brand and put a lot of money into lawyer fees in a constant struggle to stop the copies and counterfeiters. It is amazing how fast items are copied and everything you can think of has a counterfeit copy on the black market. An example of the constant struggle Apple has is the counterfeit lightning cables and power blocks that have caused numerous fires around the world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.