Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I still havent found a permanent case. I'm looking for something inbetween being slim but not to the extreme and then not too bulky like an Otterbox case, I don't need need THAT much protection. I want it to cover the top and bottom.

I wouldn't mind something like the Feather if it offered closed all around protection. Recommendations?

http://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone-cases/iphone-6-cases/feather-ultra-thin-snap-on-case-iphone-6.html

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
Rinke Slim
http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Plus-C...16179523&sr=8-2&keywords=ringke+iphone+6+slim

Probably my favorite case. It keeps the slim look and feel of the phone, while offering all around protection from scratches and dings. It also has a great matte feel to it to keep it from slipping out of your hands. Make sure you by the SF Black one if you want the matte feel. The other colors/options seem to be slippery.

+1 I have the ringke slim black for my iPhone 6 plus. Its slim and still offers all around protection. Also provides a good grip to the phone.

tsturbo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
I am leaning towards Spigen neo hybrid, top choice at the moment in Reventon Yellow for SG iPhone 6+, also considering Speck Candy Shell Grip or may possibly go naked and use a SENA Heritage ultra slim pouch

matneh

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
Wait for the Caze thinedge for the iPhone 6, it will offer all around protection without bulk. They said it will come out next Monday.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Take a look at the speck candyshell grip and the incipio NGP. Both very thin with good to moderate protection.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
with the ringke slim how noticeable is the 1mm lip? id be coming from apple leather case...

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I go with Ringke Fusion. It has the lip I the front for lay on the table and is grippy with reinforced corners for drop protection. It also hugs the iPhone 6/plus so you feel the roundness of it. That make it feel secure in the hand.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Go with the Spigen. The grip is nice. I've dropped my 5s several times and not one scratch. Both times on the hard concrete.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
The Thule Atmos X3 is the thinnest full round protection I've seen for the iPhone.

+1!! I have the Thule for the 6 Plus and it is amazing. Adds barely any thickness and feels rock solid on the phone.
thule_atmos_x3_front_bottom.jpg

I also did a YouTube review of this case, if that is helpful to anyone:
http://youtu.be/K4qkELfJH-g

Kristin

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
I like the Thule as well. Feels thin, still easily fits in my pocket but seems to offer a decent front lip and all around coverage/protection.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Interestingly, I had the case and returned it within a day. I didnt feel there was enough lip and the bulging in the center bothered me

The bulging is a little bit odd, but I can't say it really bothers me. As for the height of the lip, my previous 6 Plus case was the Tech21 Tactical and this has quite a bit more lip than that one. A little more lip would be ok, in my opinion, but I think it is sufficient. By the way, for those of you that don't know, the Thule Atmos X3 did great in Mobile Reviews Eh's drop tests on YouTube. It was the version for the 6, not the 6 Plus, but the results are probably pretty applicable to the Plus.

Kristin

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
The bulging is a little bit odd, but I can't say it really bothers me. As for the height of the lip, my previous 6 Plus case was the Tech21 Tactical and this has quite a bit more lip than that one. A little more lip would be ok, in my opinion, but I think it is sufficient. By the way, for those of you that don't know, the Thule Atmos X3 did great in Mobile Reviews Eh's drop tests on YouTube. It was the version for the 6, not the 6 Plus, but the results are probably pretty applicable to the Plus.

Kristin

I watched that video too. I like the case, but it was the grip that threw me off

hbcubs

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2013
SoCal
I am leaning towards Spigen neo hybrid, top choice at the moment in Reventon Yellow for SG iPhone 6+, also considering Speck Candy Shell Grip or may possibly go naked and use a SENA Heritage ultra slim pouch

I personally did not enjoy the Spigen Neo Hybrid for my 6+. The material was too slippery and didn't provide enough grip, in my opinion.

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I go with Ringke Fusion. It has the lip I the front for lay on the table and is grippy with reinforced corners for drop protection. It also hugs the iPhone 6/plus so you feel the roundness of it. That make it feel secure in the hand.

This. My phone survived a fall on the garage floor in this baby. I'd recommend it to anyone for anything. It's definitely on the slim side while still offering good protection. You can't go wrong with this one.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
This is definitely my favorite all around case. I looked for about a week and finally landed on this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NETYY60?vs=1

mhoepfin

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Definitely the Tech21. Although adds more bulk than I normally like, it makes the 6+ so much easier to use one handed and I like the minimal lip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.