Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gauravbidasaria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2014
Hello,

I recently bought few apps from a developer. He kind of ripped me off and refused to make the changes that I paid for in addition for what I paid for the app. He did refunded the money partially so thats ok.

Now the first thing I noticed is in 2 of the apps, he had his own ad ids instead of mine - Admob. So I changed it in the source code. He says there is no need to change anything for iAds. I could not find anything in the ad manager file or in google for this? So if a developer transfers app from one account to another, iads ids are transferred automatically?

I also found some other SDKs that I never used like chartboost and revmob. He didn't said anything about them. Though I could not find the ids for these networks in the file he mentioned to edit in order to change the ids... is it possible there is some other file? Can he use two files for keeping ids?

Also is it possible to show ads from the same network using two ids? Like if the app is using chartboost, then he might have inserted both mine and his ad ids and split it in half so out of 10 times, his id is used 5 times or something?

I am glad I did not started with my marketing campaigns. I am thinking of buying a Mac and learn some coding myself. Hope I make enough from this to buy one :)

Thank you for your time. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.