Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

murgo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Germany
Hey guys,

I don't really know where to ask this, so I'll just put it here:

I ordered my iPad Air 2 a couple of weeks ago from a German shop. According to the delivery estimates I should get it by next week.

Should I be afraid that it might ship with 8.1.1 and thus be un-jailbreakable? Or does it take a few weeks before Apple ships new devices with the newest iOS?

Thanks in advance!

rsnhakan

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2014
The Netherlands
Hey guys,

I ordered my iPad Air 2 a couple of weeks ago from a German shop. According to the delivery estimates I should get it by next week.

Should I be afraid that it might ship with 8.1.1 and thus be un-jailbreakable? Or does it take a few weeks before Apple ships new devices with the newest iOS?

Thanks in advance!

Your iPad wont have iOS 8.1.1 preinstalled ;)

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

wth? i ordered mine on monday evening and it came today ... :eek:

it had 8.1 installed :)

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I am genuinely curious, why does the version matter? Don't they jailbreak every version?

No? They will have to find new bugs to take advantage of cuz Apple fixed their latest loophole to inject the jailbreak. Also they will not waste their resources on a x.x.1 release

murgo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Germany
wth? i ordered mine on monday evening and it came today ... :eek:

it had 8.1 installed :)

Yeah, I ordered on October 25th at modeo.de. They don't have the 64GB space-gray LTE version in stock. Been waiting for ages now :(

I'm guessing (hoping) it'll ship tomorrow or early next week. I hope it's too early for it to come with 8.1.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.